Fabulous budget brakes!

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Drill-Sl ... 2749.l2648

One of our '13 Altima's rotors hit the cut limit on the latest brake job. I bought these almost on a whim, figuring that for $88.00 it was a small loss if they turned out to be China junk. For the same reason, drilled-and-slotted didn't worry me. Cutting wouldn't be an issue if they proved to be poor quality, I'd just discard them. But the company's Facebook page seemed knowledgeable and led me to believe they might be an up-and-coming outfit simply lowballing to make a name, much as Audi did at their inception.

I think my hunch was right. The brakes have been on the car for about 3 weeks, through two snowstorms and some very ugly roads, but this morning they had their first panic-stop. Rubberbanding traffic on I-30 clotted without warning, and numerous people in front and behind me ended up in the shoulder with clattering ABS's. Lola's ABS never even engaged, she just whirred to a graceful stop. My seat-of-pants gauge says she has at least 10~15% better stopping power than the OE hardware, which already pretty decent. The pad and rotor combination is reasonably quiet and the rattle-springs that came with the kit are beefier than OE. How long the pads will wear is a question, but there's no question at all about performance. For $88, this equipment is hot.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”