F-Con V

Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
ECEtiger
Car: Stereos and Cars

I have a 92 240SX with the CA18DET engine (do I call it a 180SX now?). I am a stereo/show car guy at heart, so all of this engine stuff is fairly new to me, so don't knock me sideways for confusing something or making a ridiculously inaccurate assumption. I do learn quickly, though so I await your input.

First question is does anyone know where I can get the VTT (i think) upgrade to the HKS F-Con V to make it a stand alone? Additionally, where can I get the laptop interface?

Second, what is the best value in an electronic boost controller. The car came with a manual controller and it has a little boost creep and is slow to spool. I'm thinking the boost conroller is the culprit, and I'm honestly praying that it's not the internal wastegate (stock turbo).

Third, does anybody have the adaptors necessary to get A/C in this thing? It gets hot and humid here in the South and although it's not an issue at the moment, before April, I'm gonna need A/C.

Thanks,Sam

Team503
Car: '92 S13, '02 CBR600F4i

Wish I could answer your questions, but I'm interested as well. I'd like to find out more about the F-CON - anyone have any resources they care to share?

Bob H

Sam, I guess I could tell you this on the phone, but this way it has the links for you to check. First, there is little information on the HKS F-con on the web. And what is out there just says what it is. You best bet as I see it,(unless someone here can point you in a better direction), is to call HKS USA directly and ask them. You will need the serial number from the unit before you do that. They are your best source for that. Their link is:HKS USA

And here is some general info on it:

HKS description

Which makes it appear that the only way you can "control" it is to use the Graphic Control Computer,(GCC). I see nothing about a laptop type interface, nor have I ever heard of it.

You may want to seriously consider pulling it and selling it on the open market,(might get several hundred), and buying something like the Apex-i unit, or really, the PRS-8 that I was considering. It will replace your ECU, but controls a much wider range of stuff. I think it is right up your alley. It is $895 for the full unit with wiring. For what it offers, it is hard to beat. I would seriously consider it. That website is:Perfect PowerGo to stand alone systems and then to the race systems, the PRS-4 or 8. You might be able to get away with the 4 since you aren't dealing with 6 cylinders as i am. You of course still need a boost controller. The month is June 2002, Sport Compact. The article is on pg 283. Here are some that weren't covered, and some that were. Interesting links:Blitz Dual solenoid controler:Blitz dual Blitz SBC-i,(on sale):Blitz SBC-i And a great price on the Apex-i boost controller:Apex-i boost controller That ought to be enough to get you started. And obviously I have no idea on the AC-Bob

ECEtiger
Car: Stereos and Cars

Well, then

Anybody want to pick up an F con V for the S13 real cheap? No reasonable offer will be refused!!

(864) 617-4614

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

there is a laptop interface, I have seen guys using it on the side of the road. I'm suprised there doesn't seem to be support for this in the states.

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”