Extreme wear on inside of front tires.

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
DavidMann1987

So I've owned my 2004 Infiniti G35 for over a year and a half now. I am not the original owner. It has been lowered, although I'm not sure what process they took when doing so or what corrections they made to any of the suspension when they lowered it.

I've always had the problem of the tires wearing on the inside while the rest of the tire is generally pretty decent still, however in last 7 months I've had to replace the front tires 3 times. Spending over $600 on tires had me scratching my head. I took it into a shop and they informed me that the Lower Control Arms "gaskets" had failed and the control arms slipped and are no longer in alignment. (Here is a photo)

As you can see the rubber gasket sits where the control arm should be, however the arm itself has slipped. It is the exact same on both sides. WOULD this be causing the problem I am having? I've read people talking about "Cambers" as well... although I am unsure how to check that for front wheels, and also not sure if that is quite the problem... as this seems to be the most viable problem I can see.

Here is a photo of my tires as of now.. only 2 months after buying them and not putting many miles on them at all.

I am in the military and on my base they have a auto shop that you can take your car to and work with a mechanic to fix the problem yourself. So I am going to do it that route to save a lot of money, what other parts do I need to order or replace when I replace the lower control arms? Someone suggested that I replace the upper control arms as well because "when you replace the lowers the uppers tend to go out". Do I really need to replace both lowers and uppers?

I appreciate all the help! Sorry for the long post, just want to make sure i get everything taken care of that I need so that hopefully my tires will last longer than a month this time.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Duplicate thread deleted.

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”