extra noise from the speakers......

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
UncleBen
Car: '05 G35 Sedan Sport, '98 240sx LE auto, '95 240sx SE auto,

i have some engine noise coming through my speakers. they are brand new cheapo pioneer ones. my stock 6 1/2"s were all blown, so i just bought cheap $25 a pair paper speakers to tide me over. they aren't that bad, but the bass sucks. i'll get a sub oneday. but anyway here is the thing, at a certain RPM's i the speakers crack and buzz and stuff. well i'm thinking its one, or a combination of, 3 things: 1) its just because the speakers are cheap, 2) need new spark plus wires. these might be old and are starting to act like an antenna, and 3) maybe the car isn't grounded well. buy a grounding kit and see what happens. any help would be appreciated. thanks

InstantRice

its probably your ground, even cheap speakers dont give you engine noise if they where installed properly

UncleBen

well the thing is, the part of the OEM that powers the front speakers was dead, so i only had sound comin out of the rear speakers, which were busted. so what we did was bypass the amp, and run the speakers in the front off of the CD players power. so i dunno......i was thinkin it was probably my ground though. do you know of any grounding kits available for not to expensive?

Simmsled
Car: TSI GTI - E46 325i

What kind of cd player do you have? Have you checked all of your connections to make sure that they are solid and insulated?

UncleBen

sony cdx-m630. haven't checked all the connections. it didn't make noise for a while, but then just started one day, so maybe a connection was knocked loose or sumhin.

InstantRice

check your connections man sudden noise like that is probably ground or some other connection

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”