Exterior road noise from left rear passenger seat

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
albertbro206

Thought I'd put this out there.

My wife and I test drove the Rogue on a quiet Wednesday evening in a flat area around the dealership we purchased it from. I was sitting on the passenger side as well as the driver's side and therefore did not notice any unusual sounds/noises.

Well recently my daughter broker her leg and has been sitting in the front passenger seat and when we go out and my wife drives I've found myself sitting in the left rear passenger seat and usually when it is wet I've noticed excessive exterior noise.

Anyone else pick up on this? At first I thought a window might be not all the way up/closed or the door or rear hatch was not all the way closed. Neither was the case and it has become a bit annoying. I've thought about getting something back there to muffle the noise like Dynamat or does anyone recommend anything else. Right now we'll just live with it as the majority of the time I'm driving and do not notice the noise coming from the back.

peleke
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD, Indigo Blue, premium package, leather, moonroof

It's been a while but there is thread about this. Not sure if a definitive answer was ever provided.

zerothread?id=323873

philipa_240sx

Yes, many have reported noise from the rear hatch area. It's mainly tire noise and gets worse on wet roads. The stock Continental tires are esp. bad for this.

The fix isn't simple. You could try pulling the interior panels in the hatch area and back seat and line them with Dynamat. Another method would be to get some heavy undercoating spray applied inside the rear wheel wells, from the outside.

Some have reported less noise by swapping out the stock Continental tires with another tire, ie Toyo TRZ.

RiverRogue
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

I noticed the noise too.

But it aint a Cadillac we bought, so I just turn the sterio up a bit and the noise goes away.

Return to “Rogue Forum”