Extended Warranty Question?

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
dfx35
Car: FX35

Hello FX owners! I own a 05 FX35 and I am currenlty debating on purchasing an extended warranty. Can anyone who has purchased an extended warranty tell me if they are happy with their warranty and why? or unhappy and why? Pros? Cons? Any advice is welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

seldomseen
Car: '12 Altima Coupe 3.5 SR & '15 Lexus GS350 F Sport

First see if your vehicle qualifies for the Nissan/Infiniti Extend Service Contract first. If you only qualify for a third party "ESC"...conduct a google search on how satisfied folks are with it. I had a Nissan/Infiniti "ESC" on my Q45 and it was great...no denials and I had the $100 deductible.

simply brilliant

dfx35 wrote:Hello FX owners! I own a 05 FX35 and I am currenlty debating on purchasing an extended warranty. Can anyone who has purchased an extended warranty tell me if they are happy with their warranty and why? or unhappy and why? Pros? Cons? Any advice is welcomed.

Thanks in advance.
The advice was good of see peoples reviews, a couple of things to understand.

1. Find out in writing what it covers and does not cover. Also find out the deductible.

2. Learn the difference between inservice date warranties and sale date warranties and learn which one you are looking into buying.

3. PM me with further questions, I understand this more than nearly everyone.

Thorshammer
Car: FX35

dfx35 wrote:Hello FX owners! I own a 05 FX35 and I am currenlty debating on purchasing an extended warranty. Can anyone who has purchased an extended warranty tell me if they are happy with their warranty and why? or unhappy and why? Pros? Cons? Any advice is welcomed.

Thanks in advance.
I have the Elite extended warranty on my FX35.I would reccomend you get it for several reasons.The main one is ": Its a INFINITI FX" not many people are qualified to work on that vehicle.2. The cost of some parts and laber are astronomical, the headlight alone cost $1200.003. You have a lot of tech in a FX expecially if its a fully loaded AWD model.when that stuff goes out (and believe me something will go out) Only Infiniti is qualified to fix it. You want to keep your FX in order Don't trust just anybody to work on it. a large part of that car is computer controlled.

The warranty covers everything on the vehicle that cannot be classified as cosmetic or normal maintenance.

So Far I have had an electric mirror replaced, A tierod replaced and realignment and the automatic door lock on one side.Each trip cost me a $50 dollar deductable but every time I hear a sqeak Its in the shop.Also other benifits with the Elite extended warranty is free loner car while your car is being repaired Not a jalopy a late model infiniti.and If you break down away from home, Hotel fare for one night.

You could contact the dealer and get a full discription.I would say it's a smart move and its worth the investment.

nissansport12

I would agree that on this type of vehicle a good car warranty is worth it.

Read some of the articles at Warranty Reports to avoid a scam company though.

http://www.warrantyreports.com

Q45tech
Car: 1990 Q45 342,400 miles 22 years ownership with original engine
1995 G20t 5 speed 334,000 miles 16" 2002 wheels - 205/50/16 Sr20ve vvl

Avoid any company that advertises on TV especially USFedelis.

Many shops refuse to deal with aftermarket service contracts because they limit labor rate [take it or leave it and may bounch checks] and send used parts for shops to use and then blame future failures on shops.

We refuse and require customer to pay then they can get reimbursed if they can.

Don't be a sucker! Research in detail and you will see why.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”