exhuast and tranny questions

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
taco-salad

Hi,

I'm really interested in dropping a RB25DET into a 240, so I've been doing alot of research. While all of the info I've gotten from this fourm is great stuff, I still have a bit of questions.

Exhuast-wise, if the systems for the 240 bolt in for the RB25DET? I'm leaning more to getting custom piping, but I'm not sure how much that would cost so an educated guess would be great.

Secondly, if I get a RB25DET, I was planning on doing a full rebuild of the engine and tranny. Should I do through with this or just drop in the RB as-is? If i do the rebuild where could i get the part kits to do this?

Thanks for all the info, hopefully I can use this info to build my own bruiser :D.

skizumers
Car: cars, computers, sports, women

hey guys do you know if the stock exhaust on my 240sx will bolt up to the rb25det?thanksda skiz

S15_silvia

he just said it would he just said make sure the down pipe is the right length he said any exhaust system that was made for the 240 would bolt right you to the rb

rbsileighty
Car: 92 S13 Hatch w/ RB20 & 05 Audi S4 Avant 6MT

My 89 stock exhaust bolted right up to my RB20DET. If you are going to rebuild both the trans and the motor I would go with GTR pistons, rods and crank... or aftermarket GTR parts. As for the trans... I think OS Giken makes trans internal upgrades. I hear that the factory trans starts to go around 400hp (not sure...).

Just my .02

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”