Exhaust Timing Valve Sensors

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
edgarg35
Car: Infiniti G35 2006 3.5 6sp Manual Transmission 90K miles.

Hello just bought a Infiniti G35 2006 with 90K miles on it, went to a trusted mechanic shop in town to check the car due to a check engine lignt and was told that I needed to change this sensors "Exhaust Valve Timing Sensors" which there is two of them LH/RH. Heres the catch those Sobs are telling me that labor to change them will cost me $1000 yes 1K. I want to know if someone has changed them and can help me out send some pictures would gladly appreciate it.

ArmedAviator
Car: 2012 M37x

Well you said it's a trusted mechanic....why stop trusting them now?

I do know there's a cam sensor on the outside of the timing cover which is easily replaced. I do also know that there must be a sensor specific to the exhaust cam for the system to work correctly since they phase. I do not know how to access that sensor but I'm sure a look in the Factory Service Manual, you will find out in short order.

edgarg35
Car: Infiniti G35 2006 3.5 6sp Manual Transmission 90K miles.

Thanks did some more research and its pretty easy to change them, those two sensors are on the outside looks pretty easy maybe an hour to change them.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”