exhaust

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
lindselle24
Car: spending time with my car

I'm thinking of putting an APEXi exhaust in my car, but not sure how it proforms. Any ideas?

cullenj76
Car: 99 Q45t 04 SRT-4

lindselle24 wrote:I'm thinking of putting an APEXi exhaust in my car, but not sure how it proforms. Any ideas?

Sound is what I'd really be concerned with. One decently bent b-pipe(pipe from the cat to the muffler), resonator, and a muffler will not perform better, by too large of a margin to be concerned, than another as long as the exhaust pipes have the same ID(inner diameter). Apex'i doesn't make a full cat-back exhaust for the max, but you have many choices. My advice would be to get a large muffler. I don't mean a coffee can that is 12" in diameter, choose whatever style you like. The mufflers body size determines the sound it will produce. So the larger, the deeper and quiter and the smaller, the louder and buzzier. So pick a muffler that you like, take it to a local shop that looks/seems trustworthy or one that you know does good work. Have them take/cut off your old exhaust. Once the old exhaust is out, I'd have them bend you a 2.5" pipe from the cat to a resonator. The shop will most likely have resonators on hand, but when you call before you go you might want to ask. I used my stock resonator due to it's large size because I wanted to keep my exhaust somewhat quiet and throaty. Then just have them bend a pipe from the resonator to your new muffler and viola you have your exhaust and you saved anywere from 100-400 dollars. I bought a muffler for 100 bucks, used my stock resonator, and had them bend me a b-pipe. I had a new cat-back exhaust for 180 bucks. It's been 5 years ago since I did it so prices may have changed/be different. If you don't use a resonator, your exhaust will be MUCH louder and buzzy. This is just my suggestion. Basically an exhaust is an exhaust whether fabricated at a shop or purchased from a company. You'll generally get the same power increase.

You could also just buy a cat-back from the following:http://www.southwestautoworks.com/

Southwest is a great company(from personal experience), and have always been great to me.

Oh yeah, WELCOME to NICO:D

lindselle24
Car: spending time with my car

Thanx sooo much! i'll definetly take your advice, thank god i asked! sounds like i'll be using Nico more than i thought :icesangel

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”