Exhaust

Member area: Post up your ride and the modifications to date
07G35
Car: 2007 G35x sedan

Hi everyone, I'm new to this and happy to be a part of this forum.

My name is Ouddi and I have a 07 G35 sedan. Love the car. Beautiful machine, finally paid it off and want to start some upgrades, really want exhaust and wanted to know if anyone had any ideas. I would like a cat back but don't want to spend to much, possibly $600 max lol. I know you can really get much but having a family it's Hard. Would you guys prefer cat back or just axle back especially because I don't want to spend much, I would rather spend the $600 on a good brand and customize the rest if possible, any suggestions!?

Thank you guys!

07G35

Would anyone happen to know anybody selling exhaust for a G35 2007 sedan. I'm new to this so if I'm posting this on the wrong section I apologize

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Hi Ouddi and welcome to NICO Club!

How is your name pronounced? I'm reading it like Odie from the Garfield comics, but I'm probably wrong.

For exhaust on a budget, consider a local exhaust shop. Getting a muffler (or two as is the case for your car), tips and some pipe to the cat can be pretty affordable. Call around for a few rough quotes.

07G35

Yes that's exactly how you pronounce it lol. But thanks man, I'm debating, want to get mufflers and customize the rest but I have current exhaust leak right underneath my driver door, I lifted the car and there two spots where I found leaks and it's getting worse, so I figured I'd just buy exhaust.

Would really like to get invidia on eBay and call it a day but like said in previous post money is kinda tight, so I might go the other route. Would you happen to know anyone selling exhaust?? Thanks for the reply and feedback, really appreciate it

07G35

http://www.lmperformance.com/735381/hs0 ... 07-16.html

Will this fit my car?? I have a 2007 G35X Sedan.

Thanks for any feedback. Appreciate it

centralcoaster33

You can contact the manufacturer for fitment verification. I would do that if I was interested in buying it for mine. It's quite expensive, much more than a custom exhaust. It looks pretty nice. Maybe someone else online here will see this and give better feedback.

07G35

APprecaite your feedback man. I ended up getting Q300 Invidia Exhaust titanium single layer burnt tips. Got an ok deal but need them bad. I mean going the cheap way would eventually go bad so I decided to buy brand new $916 shipped. On carid.com and spoke with a gentlemen and he confirmed they would fit on my car.

So I took your word and called someone and got great feedback. Can't wait until I put this bad boy on. Should be here within 2 weeks hopefully. Thanks again man.

centralcoaster33

Oh cool. It's a bit of money up front, but I suspect you'll be stoked on the outcome. They do look nice. Enjoy the new sound!

07G35

Thanks alot man, appreciate it.

Have another question, now that im slowly starting to actually do stuff to my car, My body style doesn't have any fog lights and wanted to ask if you knew a good company or brand that has just a nice basic front bumper with fogs??

Thanks Again :dblthumb:

centralcoaster33

I'm not sure. Do you want to add fog-lights to your bumper area? That's an aftermarket thing I think and I'd just go with a kit that get's the most positive reviews by the most users. I thought the G35 had fog-lights built into the headlight assembly. Is that not the case with your car?

Someone asked similar in another thread for their 2008:
2008-g35-sedan-fog-lights-t573753.html

07G35

I went ahead and checked out the other thread.

Yes mine is built inside headlight, wanted to personally cut holes in bottom bumper but Idk how I'd look. What would you recommend??

centralcoaster33

Hmm, I'm often the wrong person to talk to about aesthetics, sorry. The ones that have what appears to be a plastic surround type housing things make me think they would go in replacement of the black filler plastic parts in the bumper on each side. Now, I'm not sure because I'm just looking at photos from Google and they sometimes mix the cars up, but it looks like your car has these black plastic things in there with a sort of mesh type finish to them. I think something that has fog lights in it and replaces that mesh part would look best. Aim is always a consideration when adding lights. So a fog light with housing and trim would be all set up for that ideally.

If you do get just lights and have to cut your own holes, then having a sort of circular trim piece that came with the fog lights, to cover up the rough edges of your cuts would be a thing to look for I'd think.

Seeing as how this thread title will attract people looking into Exhaust stuff, maybe start a new thread related to the fogs. You could post a photo of your front bumper and maybe a link or two to some other fog light installs you think look nice or some fog lights for sale that you might want to fit in there. Get some feedback from others and make a decision. Then, what is always nice is when you do a follow up posting showing what you decided to go with, maybe how it was installed, and how it came out.

07G35

Thank you so much for your feedback, and information will help me. Your exactly right, the bumper has two black vents but its not mesh, its a hard plastic, thats why im afraid to make holes.

But I will go ahead and make another thread for fog lights, I appreciate your feedback and information

07G35

Hi guys, I bought Q300 Invidia exhaust for my G35x sedan 2007. Love the exhaust but it's way to quiet for me. What can I do to get that deep sick exhaust noise.. I have attached a YouTube link video of how I want it to sound. Guy put GTM RESONATED TEST PIPES with this exhaust and sounds amazing, can someone lead me in the right direction to get this sound on my car please.. thanks guys

https://youtu.be/YpAH1cW8RAU

Cwickenstein
Car: '11 G37 S
Blk/Blk/Blk
Former -
'13 Altima 3.5 SL - RIP
'08 S2k CR Blk HT
'07 R56 MCS BRG

07G35 wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:34 am
Thank you so much for your feedback, and information will help me. Your exactly right, the bumper has two black vents but its not mesh, its a hard plastic, thats why im afraid to make holes.

But I will go ahead and make another thread for fog lights, I appreciate your feedback and information
Hi Ouddi ( I'm glad someone asked about your name, too. :yesnod :) ;) )
I get almost all my goods from RockAuto. Cheap & you can always find 5% codes online. Here's a link to their foglights:
http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/infi ... sembly,803

I stumbled across this thread looking for Exhaust ideas as well. I bought some knockoff N1 style mufflers (Ebay) for my wife's CX9 (3.7 V6 Ford hurricane motor) to replace the damaged originals. They were dirt cheap, add a nice low tone and a more free-flowing feel. I drove another CX9 recently with 1/2 the miles - stock, and mine with ~120k miles still feels like it's breathing easier. I noticed a very slight response improvement and about 1-2 mpg increase on a straightaway using CC. I also added a standard K&N filter (not CAI/SRI) to the stock airbox.

I can pick up another set of similar N1s for the G37, but would like to know if anyone has tried them here? JUST got my G37 this week and again, the OEM mufflers have slight damage. I have found many YT vids, cars with Invidia, and other cars with the *off-brand* mufflers, but nothing for the G37 Sedan & N1 knockoffs. My local family-owned muffler shop does good work for cheap. Any advice before I pick them up?

Thanks mucho!

Return to “G35 and G37 Modification database”