Exhaust Sounds

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
JL-KA
Car: 1994 Nissan Hardbody 4X4

Ok so I'm trying to decide which exhaust kit to put on my 94 Hardbody 4cyl. I'm looking for your opinions...I'm looking for a tough sound, none of that ricer stuff. If anyone has other opinions that I don't have listed, feel free to post them too as this is an open poll. Thanks

somedude

dont get a pacesetter header for it. i'll tell you that much. the factory manifold has a torque step design already. and you lose some bottom/mid range power with the pacer. as for a muffler, me and my friends have made our own mufflers before. in our experiences the diameter of the case is what gives you your deeper tone. and the length determines your volume(db). depending on if you plan on packing it or not dictates how you go about 'baffling' your main exhaust pipe. if you pack it just perforate(holes) it. either with a drill or plasma cutter would be easiest. if you dont pack it cut C's on your exhaust pipe and either beat them in or pull them out or both. its really what you think will work best.

raymundojr
Car: nissan cefiro 2006

It would be a good idea if you prefer good quality nissan exhaust tips along with the pipe.But you can choose what sound of your muffler would u like.

houdini
Car: 1993 Nissan 240 Convertable - Custom 2001 Nissan Frontier CC

i run a flowmaster 40 single in and single out on my v6 and it sounds great. not too loud, but definitely more "throaty".

i have a friend with a flowmaster 40 single in and dual out on his hardbody 4cyl. it sounds better than my set up i think. its louder too. not ricey at all.

might be worth looking into.

Desert Rat
Car: 2014 370Z M6 Base Coupe
2017 Frontier 4.0
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Quad Cab 4x4
1977 F150 4x4 Shorty BUILT
2008 Boulevard C90T
Previous owner of a bunch of Nissans

Forget the aftermarket kits and visit your local mom&pop muffler shop and have them fab you a 2.25" setup as straight as possible with the muffler of your choice - a flowmaster is a dandy. I run a glasspack for a much more obnoxious sound out of the 4banger. I also have the pacesetter header, and I honestly didn't notice a bit of difference, so you could probably save your money there as long as the stock manifold isn't cracked.

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”