Exhaust modification void Warranty?

Covering the 2003-2015 first-gen and 2016+ Titan and Titan XD lineup
reveille_83

greetings to all nico members. i'm a new member here and a new owner of the Nissan Titan. I love this truck more then anything. I am already looking into some modifications including a new muffler and tips. My question is if i were to change out the muffler with something from gibson or flowmaster would it void my warranty? the sites claim that their muffler/tips do not void the warranty but i figured i'd ask here. i would call the dealership but it's almost 10 pm hehe.

thank you in advance.

NISTECH

it will usually only void what it is directly attached to. like the pipe leading to the muffler. In most cases exhaust doesnt effect your warrenty untill you start screwin with the cats or if they can prove the exhuast is effecting your emissions control which is rarely the case unless you have a specific type of EGR system which you dont have on your truck.

reveille_83

thank you for your response friend.

i will confirm with the dealer in the morning. while i have you here do you know of anyone putting some mods on the Titan? or maybe threads on this forum? if you could point me in the right direction i'd like to read what people have done to this magnificant truck :)

NISTECH

nothing on the forums I have seen but exhuast is available for them. we have one on our lot that has custom dual pipes straight out the back. Brank I dont know,it was sent out to have it done. he has a shell on it that matches the truck as well as some nice crome wheels on it. It sounds even meaner with the custom exhuast. I will see if I can get a look at the exhuast or find out what brand it is.

NISTECH

ahh stillen grille's look sharp on them too.

Return to “Nissan Titan Forum”