Exhaust idea.... suggestion

Discuss topics related to the VH41DE, VH45DE, VK45DE, and VK56DE engines.
elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Well heres the deal... Ive been wanting to do something like this... I like raw, untamed sounds, and my current exhaust is nice, but i think i want something a little more hardcore for those times when I want to be really loud

I know what your thinking... CUTOUTS, and im not on that bandwagon...

I am already illegal.... so thats all good... however, itd be nice if I could design something so i could swap exahusts if I ever wanted to. I want something really simple...

attached is an idea. My current exhaust is basically like the stock exhaust, except with hi-flow mufflers.... I already have test pipes in place, so I would make the exhaust from there back... I was thinking about making a 2 -> 1..... Im going to drive around with no exhaust in the coming weeks to see if a rear muffler would be needed to make it liveable...

I think my current test pipes are 2.25 or 2.5, im not entirely sure, but i was thinking about merging to a single 3 or 3.5in.... With no mufflers in place to act as a restrictions, i was thinking 3 or 3.5 would be about right to keep "backpressure" (whcih isnt accurate, its the velocity of the fluid) where we want it.... I figure if i have an exhuast going straight out the back, with as much sound deadening as the Q has, the low RPMs the Q turns at highway, and the quiet nature of the VH at low throttle openings, i think it will be liveable.... I just dont want it to be super annoying on the higway...

The green line represents where my current pipes that will not be modified will be...

any suggestions welcome...

Return to “VH45DE / VK45DE / VK56DE Forum”