Exhaust & Fuel

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
albert3029
Car: Infiniti G35x 2004

Hey whats up guys! I have a 2002 Qx4 and while driving yesterday heard this noise coming from the back and noticed that my muffler is loose. The front and back hinges are still in tack but the muffler is swaying from side to side. Was there a hinge that broke? How can I get this tighten so that it will stop swaying and banging into the spare tire? Any help will be appreciated.

Also, what kind of fuel do you guys use in your QX4? I know the manuel says to use 93 or higher but from what I hear the pathfinders could use 89. Do you recommend using 89 in the Qx4?

Anyone know if the Westin bull bar or anything similar to it will fit a 02 QX4? It seems it is only made for the pathfinder but these vehicles are pretty much identical, any help will be appreciated , thx!

fueler
Car: 2 Nissans, 2 BMW's

Yes westin bull guard will fit. You can use lower octane, but i wouldn't drive too hard on the engine, high RPMS with low octane = premature detontation

It will be fine as long as you are not heavy on the skinny pedal.

fueler
Car: 2 Nissans, 2 BMW's

As far as the muffler.... if you can't find a broken rubber mount or crack in exhaust, I would take it to a muffler shop.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”