Exhaust front and mid pipe replacement 2012 M35H

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
immber
Car: 2012 Infiniti M35H

Hi all,

I have a 2012 Infiniti m35h.
I had a minor exhaust leak at the point where the front exhaust pipe (Y-pipe) meets with the mid pipe. I have a very good mechanic who managed to fix it back in October, but he said that might not last very long because the Y pipe was quite corroded close to the connecting flange (he was afraid to weld it as it might've just broken more).

So, I've been on the lookout for a replacement Y-pipe and mid pipe. I am based in the UK and Infiniti seem to have moved out a few years ago so my two options are:
1. Buy the parts from the US (and pay high import charges and shipping)
2. Get my mech to do a 'custom job' replacement

He hasn't got back to me with a quote on the custom job, but I suspect buying the parts might still be cheaper.
While there are a lot of vendors on ebay, few of them can provide me with assurance that the part would fit a 2012 Infiniti m35h (which seems to be rare everywhere).

Do you know if any y and mid pipes for other Infiniti/NISSAN models (e.g. for the 06-10 M35/M45) would be compatible with the M35H? Any information on compatibility would be helpful!

Also, while there are a few offers for M35H y-pipes, mid pipes seem to be nearly non-existent!
I am looking at putting in the 'performance' stainless steel pipes, which also have a higher bore, as they seem to cost the same as the OEM looking ones.
Particularly, I am wondering if something like this would fit: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265389848293

Thanks in advance!

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

I would say the best thing to do is cross reference your part number with what is available for other models. If the numbers are the same, then you're good to go and can search for other terms. Some parts sites (OEM parts sites) will even tell you which models that part is available for.

That being said, in your shoes, I'd likely just go custom...but I don't know the laws in the UK, etc. (noise laws?)...there may be some extra noise depending on quality of pipe.

immber
Car: 2012 Infiniti M35H

Thanks, Ilya, I will look at the OEM part numbers. I just figured since this section of the forum is for M37, M56, M35h and Q70, they might have largely similar parts.

My mechanic also got back to me with a for ~£750 for the custom replacement of the Y-pipe and mid exhaust.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”