Exhaust Comparo for '08 2.5 Sedan: Stillen, Nismo, Future Mossy/Borla, etc???

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
sexybeasty
Car: 2008 Altima 2.5SL

Alright, so I just got an 08 Altima 2.5SL and I love it. Classy car with excellent power and decent fuel economy, but I want to spice things up a bit, without going full-bore tuner on it. My reasons are that I bought an Altima for a reason, that being comfort, roominess, a classy yet sporty and edgy look, and better performance than it's competitors (if I wanted something really fast I wouldn't have bought an Altima!) So to make this car my own, I ordered the Fujita intake and will later add 18"s, HID, and an exhaust system. The big hangup right now is on the exhaust. The clips on You Tube for the 2.5 4cyl with Stillen and Nismo exhausts sound good, and the sound is still pretty quiet, at least from inside the car. However I was wondering if anyone with these cat-back kits can tell me if they are dual pipes from the resonator to the mufflers or if it is one pipe out the res to a Y-pipe near the mufflers. The Stillen site is misleading- it shows a dual pipe config for both the 2.5 and 3.5 sedan; I would think they wouldn't be the same??? They also don't show dyno results or anything. I am hesitant to drop $800.00 on my car just to make it louder. Any advice would be helpful and don't hold back on the tech stuff; I used to tune up until recently...

I also want to really start a full-blown exhaust thread here, so anyone with opinions on Magnaflow mufflers with custom install versus the possibility of a future Mossy system, Flowmaster, Borla, whatever, post it here. If you could provide facts (like dyno results or video clips) that would be even better.

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”