Exedy Stage 1 or ACT HDSS

All over the world, Nissan products are involved in road racing, track days, time attack and autocross.
240ShaneX
Car: '92 S13 hatch

Hey guys, forgive me if this is in the wrong forum, but since you guys race I figured many of you have probably used these clutches.

I have an s13 with a KADE (pretty much stock power) and I was wondering how you guys feel about the Exedy stage 1 vs the ACT HDSS? I autocross and participate in HPDE's regularly, so if anyone has experience with both or good recommendations I'd really appreciate it!

240ShaneX
Car: '92 S13 hatch

Any one have any experience with either, or can point me to a better spot to post this? Thanks.

n00b240
Car: '03 6MT

Im sorry I dont have any experiences with a clutch. I wouldnt have expected someone to post by now. You may have better luck in the Tech Forum. Or maybe the scca forums. I did run across some info because I had never heard of a stage 1 clutch.

OEMSoft easy feel. stock feel that varies from car to car.Stage 110-20% more grip but usualy uses OEM pressure plate so feel doesnt change on pedel sideStage220-40% more grip can have its own pressure plate or OEM one Usualy still has easy push with pedel but very noticable difference in engaugement. Much stronger feelStage340% + to what ever more grip. It depends on who you get it fromThis usualy comes with aftermarket pressure plate and can have a 6puck or 4 puck disk. Engaugement is harsh and abroupt. But can handle a ton of power and abuse.

All of this is subject to speculation. As every clutch company is a bit different, and names there stuff what ever they want, so take this as a guide line.

I prolly wont change my clutch out until it breaks. And when that time comes it will prolly be a Stage 2 clutch. By who I dont know, the brands you named, seem to be quite well liked among the scca circles. Good luck, and dont forget to post back here. Im sure some people would love to hear your experiences.

Return to “Nissan Road Racing / Auto X Forum”