Excessive tire wear

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
wildcardnc

Hey guys. I'm new to the forum and could use a little help. I have an 09 cube s and was wondering if anyone has figured out a solution to the excessive tire wear issue? I have the standard 195/55/16 on it now. I have it aligned and am still only getting 20 to 25k out of a set of tires. I haven't messed with the suspension, yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Last edited by Rogue One on Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revised title

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

What brand(s) and model(s) tires are you using?

Are you seeing patterns in wear or is it just the short lifespan? Anything like what's pictured?

wildcardnc

I have Hankook's on it. I'm not sure of the model number. They do seem to be wearing out from the outside in. They said at the shop that the rear had a -0.2 toe. They said that was I guess standard on the cubes. Can that be fixed? Thanks for your help.

SeniorJunco
Car: 1990 300Z

Was the car ever in an accident? Hopefully not. Then again, it also depends on the kind of driving that you're doing on a regular basis. How much city traffic are you in? How often do you rotate your tires?

Miguel Reid
Car: 2015 Nissan Armada

It depends on the brand, model, and road condition. If you're always on the road then it is normal for it wore out. It will be preferable to search the internet about the tire itself to see if it is a common problem. I recommend checking 4wheelonline if you are looking for high-quality tires.

Return to “Cube Forum”