Excessive Shift Play Help!! 240SX 1998

Got questions about your Nissan? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
Too_Short
Car: 240sx

Hey so I had a lot of shift play and opened it up a week ago and noticed the plastic bushing at the bottom was cracked and all messed up. So I ordered up a Cusco bushing and popped it on today, now it shifts better, I guess horizontal play has been reduced a little but there is still excessive play, I'm talking around half an inch vertical movement!

Also I was hoping the bushing would fix this, but the car is iffy at getting the shifter into reverse and still is. Sometimes I have to repress the clutch in and try to push it into reverse. Also not sure if it's related but it makes a rubbing sound if the clutch is pushed in around 2k, say I'm in third and rev matching to 2nd when I push in clutch and go to second there will be a rubbing sound the second I finish the rev match and let the clutch out it dissapears.

Should I replace the rest of the plastic parts of my Shifter and if so where the hell do I find them it was hard enough getting that bushing.

Completely unrelated to thread title, my cigarette lighter power doesn't work, it lights up when I turn lights on so I'm guessing fuse is ok, I tried taking it apart and it seems like connection is fine. Also It was working just fine until I put in a Kragen lighter that got stuck and when I pulled the lighter out it hasn't been working...

Crazyirish
Car: Nothing noteworthy at the moment...

You can get all the parts at your nissan dealer. Part numbers should be listed on this page:
http://www.courtesyparts.com/240sx-part ... _1500.html
Or you could get a short throw shifter. I would recommend the B&M. The cheaper ones will work but they sometimes have excessive play themselves.

Too_Short

wow i needed that site thanks so much irish!

Too_Short

Still need help for excessive free play in gear for my shifter.

Return to “Nissan Online Mechanic”