Excessive oil consumption 2006 model

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
aguirre13
Car: 2006 Nissan Quest S Special Edition

My 2006 Quest goes through a lot of oil. There are no stains in our driveway where it is parked so I am assuming that it is being burned. Anitfreeze looks good, no signs of oil contamination and therefore gasket issues. Anybody have similiar problems? I would guess that it goes through a quart every 1000 miles. We bought it with 29k miles and has always had this problem. Wonder if it is my van or a general problem? Thanks for everyone's help!

superuber

I dont think that is a regular problem with the 3.5L. Atleast not that I have heard of. My 04 has 80k on her and it does not burn any oil. However I change mine every 1.5 to 2k miles. How many miles are on it now?

aguirre13
Car: 2006 Nissan Quest S Special Edition

65k on our 2006...

markatwork

2004 Quest here, 90k miles, and no real oil usage between changes.

Mark

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

aguirre13 wrote:My 2006 Quest goes through a lot of oil. There are no stains in our driveway where it is parked so I am assuming that it is being burned. Anitfreeze looks good, no signs of oil contamination and therefore gasket issues. Anybody have similiar problems? I would guess that it goes through a quart every 1000 miles. We bought it with 29k miles and has always had this problem. Wonder if it is my van or a general problem? Thanks for everyone's help!
Do you have any powertrain warranty remaining on your van by chance? If so I'd take it to a Nissan dealer and have them compression test the engine, if it burns a quart every 1000 miles they surely would replace or rebuild under warranty. I would've taken it in for warranty work right after you discovered the problem at 29k miles and Nissan would surely correct the problem, possibly even by replacing the engine.

Return to “Quest Forum”