Excel Help

Forum dedicated to computer hardware and software, mobile phones and electronic gadgets.
21nemesis
Car: 1993 240SX SE

I am working on my Counseling Internship and am helping one of the counselors out with a Senior Exit Survey. I am running the statistical data and trying to figure out the percentage of students that answered a particular response.

The following is just an example:

As you can see, the columns have a 2 digit # (highlighted blue). And at the bottom right, is the sample size. Well, what I want to do is convert these totals to percentages. I can't figure out a FORMULA to plug in, so that I can quickly convert these. I mean, I can do them by hand, but I am sure there is a way to just enter a formula and have them converted.

Can someone please help.

Thanks in advance

Looneybomber
Car: 02 explorer sprt (grn)
10 G37S (white)

I know a little excel, but I don't think I understand what you need.

If 99 people took your quiz, how did 346 people answer "B" on question 11?

21nemesis

That's a Typo. It should be a 34.

Anyway, I figure it out.

Looneybomber
Car: 02 explorer sprt (grn)
10 G37S (white)

can it be something simple like placing those numbers in colums C and D in white so they're not visible, then putting a simple formula (="cell"/99) in colums A and B and change the cell formatting to percentage, 0 decimal places.

...Or maybe I misunderstood exactly what you wanted, or the formatting you need.

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

So you want to know the percentage of people out of 99 people that answered A or B?

It's a simple number x / 99...

Unless there is something I'm really missing here...there is no "forumla" that is going to just magically do everything for you...but you can do the drag forumla action and just pull the "x/99" to every cell.

In that instance, you may just want to put your data on another sheet in the workbook, and then cross reference the items back over to your sheet. For instance, you have all your data in the same cells on sheet2, you could do A2 = " 'Sheet2'A2/99" and then drag to that to everything...

usedcarparts

I think there a option in excel in formula tool bar. Were u can convert figures into percentage. Even u can create ur own formulas..

May be this could help u

21nemesis

You are correct sir! The formula is pretty the same that I inserted. However, the original answers were in decimal form that I had to change to two places after the decimal point, or hundredths place, and then convert all of decimals to percentages, which was done by highlighting and pressing the "%" symbol on the tool bar.

Return to “Computers / Electronics”