EX35 Welcome Lights

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
HilJai
Car: Infiniti EX35

Hi all! I just got my EX35 2 days ago, got the technology package. Loved it so much! However, the manual was full of misprints though:(

I was reading the manual that the factory default for the welcome light is set to off. I followed the instruction on the manual to set it to on but failed. The instruction asked me to push to the ON position, open the driver's side door and while it is open, push on the button outside for 5 seconds and then I should hear a beep. Nothing happened! Can anyone help me out on this? BTW, I am from Toronto, Canada. My EX35 is a Canadian version. Yes, the version that has all of the voice commands working! Hahaa!

HilJai

Dodgeyaussie

HilJai wrote:Hi all! I just got my EX35 2 days ago, got the technology package. Loved it so much! However, the manual was full of misprints though:(

I was reading the manual that the factory default for the welcome light is set to off. I followed the instruction on the manual to set it to on but failed. The instruction asked me to push to the ON position, open the driver's side door and while it is open, push on the button outside for 5 seconds and then I should hear a beep. Nothing happened! Can anyone help me out on this? BTW, I am from Toronto, Canada. My EX35 is a Canadian version. Yes, the version that has all of the voice commands working! Hahaa!HilJai
The factory default is actually in the "on" position. But what happens is it turns off when the cars sit for more than two weeks, ie, in dealership inventory. It then needs to be reactivated.

1. Get in the car with your key and close the door. 2. Push the start button twice, without your foot on the brake to put the ignition into the "on" position.3. Wind the drivers window down.3. Within 20 seconds, reach out and open the drivers door and press the button on the exterior door handle, holding it down for at least 5 seconds.4. You will hear a chime indicating activation/deactivation of Welcome Lighting.5. Smile.

HilJai
Car: Infiniti EX35

Dodgeyaussie wrote:
The factory default is actually in the "on" position. But what happens is it turns off when the cars sit for more than two weeks, ie, in dealership inventory. It then needs to be reactivated.

1. Get in the car with your key and close the door. 2. Push the start button twice, without your foot on the brake to put the ignition into the "on" position.3. Wind the drivers window down.3. Within 20 seconds, reach out and open the drivers door and press the button on the exterior door handle, holding it down for at least 5 seconds.4. You will hear a chime indicating activation/deactivation of Welcome Lighting.5. Smile.
Thanks a lot! I'll give it a try!

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”