EX35 right-side mirror automatically tilts down when in reverse/parallel park???

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
newbiezz
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35

Hi, can sumone please tell me if the EX35's right-side mirror which automatically tilts down when in reverse/parallel park?

The BMW X5 does this.

Mark Booth

If your mirror control switch is turned to the right side mirror, it will automatically tilt down when you put the EX35 in reverse. If the mirror controls switch is turned to the left side mirror, that mirror tilts down in reverse.

Mark

newbiezz
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35

Ohhhh I see. Thxs. I cannot wait to drive my new EX35.....

Btw, How is the navigation system? Is it easy to use?

siehead

the navigation system is easy and intuitive, but has one HUGE flaw in my opinion - you cannot input new destinations unless the car is stopped!

This is extremely big-brotheresque in my opinion and completely unnecessary. Let us make our own decisions regarding safe driving! Additionally, why can't we allow a passenger to input new destinations while I am driving? I think this is a huge flaw on Infiniti's part and is one of my biggest gripes with an otherwise exceptional vehicle.

exfactor

Really ?!?!? you can do a voice input or something ? That sucks, whatz the point of having lane departure / correction unless nothing to distract!!! LOL

HilJai
Car: Infiniti EX35

I think it is by law car manufacturers cannot allow you to do all those input while the vehicle is in motion, similar to watching movie on the centre screen. Althought I think everyone would like to find a way to hack into the system and remove these restrictions.

Dodgeyaussie

siehead wrote:the navigation system is easy and intuitive, but has one HUGE flaw in my opinion - you cannot input new destinations unless the car is stopped!

This is extremely big-brotheresque in my opinion and completely unnecessary. Let us make our own decisions regarding safe driving! Additionally, why can't we allow a passenger to input new destinations while I am driving? I think this is a huge flaw on Infiniti's part and is one of my biggest gripes with an otherwise exceptional vehicle.
Incorrect. You can set new destinations using voice recognition while on the move.

EXceptional
Car: 2008 Aspen Pearl EX35 Freakin Loaded!

I'm hearing reports that the US version of the Voice Recognition is not so great !

Is the US version not allowing the driver to voice their changes of destinations while on the fly ?

rushmdat23
Car: 08 EX35 / 08 335xi

The nav system is great. It is much better than the nav system in my BMW; however with the idrive, I can enter destination while moving. The voice recognition systme has bugs, but is you speak clearly and slowly, it does well, again, better than the BMW.

Dodgeyaussie

EXceptional wrote:I'm hearing reports that the US version of the Voice Recognition is not so great !

Is the US version not allowing the driver to voice their changes of destinations while on the fly ?
See above.

allthatjazz
Car: 2008 Blue Onyx EX35 Tech

Mark Booth wrote:If your mirror control switch is turned to the right side mirror, it will automatically tilt down when you put the EX35 in reverse. If the mirror controls switch is turned to the left side mirror, that mirror tilts down in reverse.

Mark
Hi Mark, Do I have to make any change to the settings for the side mirrors to automatically tilt down when placed in reverse? I have been using the camera alot for reversing & parking, however my side mirrors have not been tilting, even with the control switch turned left/right

Do you think the tilt feature was eliminated if the tech package was added?

dividedhighw
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD (Technology Pkg)

allthatjazz wrote:Do you think the tilt feature was eliminated if the tech package was added?
I can confirm that the tilt feature works even with the tech package.

Dodgeyaussie

allthatjazz wrote:
Hi Mark, Do I have to make any change to the settings for the side mirrors to automatically tilt down when placed in reverse? I have been using the camera alot for reversing & parking, however my side mirrors have not been tilting, even with the control switch turned left/right

Do you think the tilt feature was eliminated if the tech package was added?
When one of the following conditions has occurred, the selected outside mirror surface will return to its original position.

c The selector lever is moved to any position other than R (Reverse).c The outside mirror control switch is set to the center position.c The ignition switch is pushed to the OFF position.

allthatjazz

Thanks, it works.

dividedhighw

allthatjazz wrote:Thanks, it works.
So, what was the matter?

allthatjazz

bashful to admit,.. I spent too much time looking at the rear camera that by the time I turned to look at the side mirror it had already stopped moving. Not to mention that I did not realize I had set the angle of the mirror too high, so that any tilting down just appeared to be the regular setting ... I will blame it on the fact that the side mirrors are HUGE, (at least compared to my ole TSX).

dividedhighw

Hehe ... no worries. Just glad you got it sorted.

These cars are so full of technology that sensory overload is a risk!

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”