EX35 Rattling Noise inside Driver's Door!

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
simon949
Car: 2007 Nissan Maxima "SL"

I have a 2010 EX35 AWD Journey with 31,050 miles on it. Just recently I started hearing a rattling noise from the driver's door. Service Director says this is normal when the weather get's hot which it has been or when it gets very cold.

Service Director said, to bring it in and they will use deadening materials to insulate and end the rattling noise. I haven't gone into Infiniti service yet, so I was wondering if any of you 2008 - 2010 EX35 owner's have experienced this problem during very hot weather or very cold weather.

OR have any of you heard this rattling noises from your driver's door no matter what the temps. are?

XIS
Car: 08 EX35 RWD
17 QX30 Sport

:wtf2:

Normal??? WTF is normal about it?

CDNicecube
Car: 2010 EX35 Journey+Tech+Navi

This explanation makes no sense. I get dash rattles only when it cold outside (winter time). That is when plastics etc. are hard and rattles are most likely. Sometime got loose on your door and needs tightening, simply put.

simon949
Car: 2007 Nissan Maxima "SL"

Just as I thought and the rattling during the colder months makes absolute sense but not in the hot summer months. Thanks you!!!

Chelsea John
Car: EX35

Has anyone had this issue and resloved it ? getting this for the past year and its seems to be getting worse. If I crack the window just a fraction it goes away. How hard is it to remove the door card (driver side ) ? I know once I do this the noise will probably not be evident so if anyone has had this issue and can help pinpoint an area where this might be , much appreciated.
I have a 2011.

a.o.s.a
Car: Ex35 2011 with Bose navigation

I'm facing the same problem and try to fix it by my self but to get to the rattling, I have to dismantle the whole windows cuz theirs a protection sheet with windows motor on it, the rattling noise coming from windows rails once I push the reils from the service holl they stop, I will star working on it for the upcoming weekend as it's going to take some time and assistance to finish the rattling for good.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”