EX35 Owners: What is your main disappointement ?

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
morning_glory
Car: EX35

Post only one.

For me it's the rear seat room.My teenagers really don't like...

inteller
Car: 2008 EX35 Journey AWD

The proprietary iPod connector interface. In this day and age not having USB is a travesty.

MALEX

Seeing all those great voice commands in the manual, only to find out later that you can't use them cuz you didn't buy your EX in Kamloops.....

Peaches57
Car: Infiniti EX 35

Cup holders are too close to the gear shift ... I'm constantly bumping into my Starbucks!

Rfong

Suspension/shocks are too bouncy on City potholes. Does EX35 share shocks with the G37? Can they be switched? Reviews on the G37 said suspension was excellent over bumps.

nghivdo
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 AWD Journey, Premium, Luxe Style, NAV, Black Obsidian, Graphite Leather

Just one? Ok... Since it's summer, & I've been working in Sacramento, CA & it's been around 100 degrees F, & my EX is black... I'll say I wish it had VENTILATED SEATS!!!

I wonder if I can have them professionally perforated?

EXceptional
Car: 2008 Aspen Pearl EX35 Freakin Loaded!

OK... here is one LINK for ya...

--> DISAPPOINTMENTS <--

SprayTech
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 2004 Infiniti G35X

The arm rest is way to low for resting your left elbow on it and steering the EX35 .

sluday
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD Journey Moonlight-nav-premium-tech-lux

It would be awesome if I could use the lane departure prevention without the annoying beeping that keeps waking me up from my nap when I drive home from work.

I love to use the LDP, intelligent cruise and nav to get me home while sleeping in the back seat.

dividedhighw
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD (Technology Pkg)

Peaches57 wrote:Cup holders are too close to the gear shift ... I'm constantly bumping into my Starbucks!
In case you haven't already done this ... for taller drinks, flip the shallow bottom out of the way (see manual p. 2-43) so the cup sits lower in the holder.

HTH,David

dividedhighw
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD (Technology Pkg)

Without a doubt, my biggest disappointment is not related to the car itself, but rather the poor service from Infiniti's Customer Information Center at 800-361-4792 ... the staff who man that line:a. have a poor attitude, in direct contradiction to the promise to "provide the highest levels of customer satisfaction"b. are poor communicators, not able to understand specific queries and attempt to "solve" your issue by talking in circlesc. lack follow-up and/or escalation for outstanding customer issues, even when such is directly requested by the customer

I am in the process of writing a letter to Infiniti with all the details, but if anyone has actually called this number, I would be interested in your experience, good or bad.

Also, if anyone has advice on where and to whom I should send this letter, I would be grateful for your input.

TIA,David

inteller
Car: 2008 EX35 Journey AWD

SprayTech wrote:The arm rest is way to low for resting your left elbow on it and steering the EX35 .
That's because the car was designed for little Japanese women. And I'm not saying that to be rude or stereotypical. If you look at the various EX35 demonstration videos on Youtube, you will see a lot of them demonstrate how easy it is for a little Japanese woman to get in and out of the car, adjust the seat, etc etc. This might explain why the rear leg room is so small.

I think it was odd that Infiniti did this. If you read the Infiniti sales brochure it even talks about how many of the design elements were inspired by the Japanese kimono....which of course is worn by little Japanese women. But at least they give you a rear seat hanger to hang your kimono on

nghivdo
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 AWD Journey, Premium, Luxe Style, NAV, Black Obsidian, Graphite Leather

inteller wrote:
That's because the car was designed for little Japanese women. And I'm not saying that to be rude or stereotypical. If you look at the various EX35 demonstration videos on Youtube, you will see a lot of them demonstrate how easy it is for a little Japanese woman to get in and out of the car, adjust the seat, etc etc. This might explain why the rear leg room is so small.

I think it was odd that Infiniti did this. If you read the Infiniti sales brochure it even talks about how many of the design elements were inspired by the Japanese kimono....which of course is worn by little Japanese women. But at least they give you a rear seat hanger to hang your kimono on
I, too, wish the center armrest was higher or adjustable. If little Japanese women were in mind when designing the center console, wouldn't one think that it would be designed higher up? Sometimes when driving, I feel that if my arms were longer, I'd be more comfortable driving with my right arm resting on the armrest. I still can, but higher would be better.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”