Ex35 Forum not very active

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
kingfrog
Car: 2010 EX35. 2012 RAV 4, 2007 Yamaha V Star 1300

Wondering if this is not such a popular model. Compared to RDX forums and FX35 etc...

ArcticBlue
Car: 2011 AWD Journey/Premium Pkg

;) Naw, it's just that these cars are so remarkably trouble-free and easy to live with ! :-)

kingfrog

YA know there is a lot of truth to that......as opposed to say,,,, Harley Forums.

No issues, nothing much to talk about. Encouraging.

XIS
Car: 08 EX35 RWD
17 QX30 Sport

A bit more mature than the RDX forum too. (fewer people mod it ...or need to)

AWGD8
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD JOURNEY

Here in SE WI, I only see a few EX35 3 times a month or less, has not seen EX37 on the road.
Every time I see an EX35, I check out who`s driving it and always the same 60+ years old guy or lady.
I assume, majority of EX35 owners are 50+.

NJGuy
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD

I don't really see many more RDXs on the road than the the EX, but I definitely see a lot more of the FXs being driven around.
AWGD8 wrote:Here in SE WI, I only see a few EX35 3 times a month or less, has not seen EX37 on the road.
Every time I see an EX35, I check out who`s driving it and always the same 60+ years old guy or lady.
I assume, majority of EX35 owners are 50+.
I agree here. While my wife and I don't fit into this demographic, I think the EX was intended for 'empty nesters'. And at least for me, the styling looks like it was geared more towards female buyers. I think Infiniti probably could have thrown in weaker engine and a more mushy suspension (not that I would have wanted those :) ), and still sell about the same number of EXs as they have.
The RDX and FX provide the amenities, sportiness, and premium feel in a luxury vehicle like the EX. But at the same time, they seem to have a bit more functionality for families when compared to the EX. So I think they appeal to a younger crowd.

kingfrog, take a look at the typical population on an automotive message board for late model cars. What percentage do you think are over 60 years old? And what percentage do you think are female? The answers to those questions are part of the reason why I think this forum isn't as active as the others.

Another reason why I think the board isn't as active is because instead of taking lots of time to post on this forum, we're out there enjoying or EXs :biggrin: .

kingfrog

Thats true but the RX350 section of the LexusClub forums are extremely active and the demographic is a whole lot older. I just don't want to buy a car where there is little interest, Makes resale and trade value a beatch down the line.

NJGuy
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD

kingfrog wrote:Thats true but the RX350 section of the LexusClub forums are extremely active and the demographic is a whole lot older.
True too, but for every EX I see on the road, I've probably seen 15 RX350s. I would expect the RX350 section of the LexusClub forum to be much more active than this one just based on the sheer number of owners.
kingfrog wrote:I just don't want to buy a car where there is little interest, Makes resale and trade value a beatch down the line.
While very few cars can match the resale/trade value experience you had with the Tacoma or a Harley (if that happens to be your two-wheeler), the EX doesn't seem to do too badly for itself in that department. I also keep depreciation in the back of my mind when car shopping, but it's just one of the hundreds of different things that I think about when comparing models. Just enjoy the car; after all, what's most important is what your interest is in, not anyone else's ;) .

kingfrog

Well I just hammered home the deal at $23,900 for the 2010 RWD with Premium /Bose Around/18" wheels/ and the small stuff Cargo cover etc. 27,234K miles

Will be driving a one way rental to Hilton Head tomorrow to pick it up. Manheim has them going for $20,700 base- $21,800 at those miles today at auction so I won't be buried in it.

Dealers have them marked up to $27,000. One of the things I love about car shopping and choosing is beating the dealer "system" Makes the drive so much sweeter,

AWGD8
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD JOURNEY

Since EX35 is rare here in SE WI, everytime I`m at the stoplight, no one tried to evenly line up beside me. Mostly, the front bumper of the car next to me lined up to my front tires. They do not know if this car is fast or not. One time I was with wife and son waiting for the green light, a new CAMARO SS lined up next to me. He floored it like a bat from hell off the line when the lights turned green, I was innocently just waiting for the light to turn green... :crazy:

I do not know? Do my rims-GUNMETAL (My Avatar) make it looks fast? :biggrin:

BTW, Kingfrog, that`s a great news! You`ll love that car. It is very relaxing to drive. I just wish mine was RWD.... It is a bit quicker than the AWD.

meanie
Car: G37, EX35

kingfrog wrote:Thats true but the RX350 section of the LexusClub forums are extremely active and the demographic is a whole lot older. I just don't want to buy a car where there is little interest, Makes resale and trade value a beatch down the line.

According to a blurb I recently read from Kelly Blue Book, the EX has the best resale value in the compact luxury crossover segment. Certainly surprised me as they don't seem so well known as comparable German models.

Scooby-Doo
Car: EX35 w/ Navigation and Technology Package, Tide Water w/ stone interior

being a long time member of e90post.com, i was taken by surprise w/ the slow activity on this forum. took a couple of days to realize all the obvious reasons why. kinda like comparing 2 different species. anyway, my EX was bought primarily for wifey's use. runs great so far. the lack of modification options on EX's compared to the already ripe, long time existence of bmw somehow made my trip to this forum very minimal to say the least. :sad:

kingfrog

Yeah I am beginning to "get it". In this case the fewer posts the better,,,,,,less issues,

XIS
Car: 08 EX35 RWD
17 QX30 Sport

Looking forward to some new topics from you!!

mikey1951
Car: 2008 EX 35

Yep - 62 years young,empty nesters - loved it when I test drove it and then WOT - wow!! Don't need a big suv and this fits just fine. It is our last fossil fuel car - ev next!! No real problems. My mod - read devil decal around rear badge ' cause I like to misbehave and "fork" all those fish symbols down here - he,he,he!!

kingfrog

XIS wrote:Looking forward to some new topics from you!!
They should start with a review of my 4 hour ride home tomorrow from Hilton Head SC to Myrtle Beach....Then next week to NJ and back. ;) ;) ;)

wysguymd
Car: 2010 Infiniti EX35

I LOVE my EX and like not having the same car as everyone else in town, but this car is a poor seller for Infiniti, so its no wonder there aren't many posts here. According to August 2013 sales figures, 1189 EX/QX50s have been sold so far in 2013. In 2012, 2227 were sold.

For comparison, over 20,000 QX60/JX have been sold so far in 2013. Even the QX80 is nearing 8000 sales this year.

I've seen some rumors on other sites that the EX will be discontinued once the new Q30 concept hits showrooms.

kingfrog

NO doubt wit will go the way of the Volvo C30 with those numbers. IF it got better fuel economy I think people would warm up to it more considering every other vehicle in its class gets 10 MPG more city.

I may sell mine if I hear for sure they will be discontinued. Values drops fast on discontinued vehicles. My sales manager buddy at the local Nissan dealer took a good look at it yesterday and thought I bought it and $1000 over what he would have to pay at auction.

Mark Booth

I receive compliments about my EX35 on a VERY regular basis. I think the EX35 (now QX50) is the single most sexy and attractive crossover out there. Period. The long hood and gently swooping coke bottle shape is timeless, just like a classic Jaguar.

There are lots of less expensive competitors and a few that are reasonably attractive. But none of them are as gorgeous as the EX35! I've never been more satisfied with a 4-door (well, 5-door in this case) car!

BTW, there were two door dings in our EX35. One of them was more like a light crease, about 2.5-inches long. They really bugged me but I lived with them for about 2 years. But, yesterday, I finally decided to go to the PDR (Paintless Ding Removal) guy and have them taken out. It cost $150 but he did a PERFECT job. You can't tell they were ever there!

And, suddenly, the EX35 feels fresh and new again! :) Funny how that works! I gave her a good detail to go with her new ding-free complexion! :)

Mark

EXceptional
Car: 2008 Aspen Pearl EX35 Freakin Loaded!

ArcticBlue wrote:Naw, it's just that these cars are so remarkably trouble-free and easy to live with!
kingfrog wrote:Yeah I am beginning to "get it". In this case the fewer posts the better... less issues.
Our EX35 just hums along too...

Thank-you everyone for your comments on this subject.

TexanInMA
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35

Well, if you guys take in a new EX35 owner who took over my father's car while at >80 years old he purchased a 2014 QX50, then there may be a lot of questions coming. I'm reading so not to be redundant!

EXceptional
Car: 2008 Aspen Pearl EX35 Freakin Loaded!

Welcome aboard.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”