evo8 rims??

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
nlzmo400r
Car: cars

well as you all know , ive been looking for some wheels for my altima, the track model wheels will be pretty expensive, and are differnet sizes in the front and back (unles i get 4 fronts which will be especially hard to find), well i was thinking about the enkei wheels off of hte new EVO8, i know a couple guys with them, and im sure if the price was right they'd let em go, but would they fit the alitma, i know they're 5 lug, but i dont even know my bolt pattern, much less theirs, and they're smaller than teh Rays, and all the same width, which makes it easier on me, so what do u guys think?

Cold_Zero
Car: 2003 (3.5) Altima SE & 2005 Pathfinder

Rob,I am sure it will be expensive trying to pick up EVO 8 wheels. Both the Altima and the Evo should have 5-114.3mm bolt patterns. Since you don’t have brake calipers as big as the 4-piston brembo's on the Evo you should be ok. Stock Altima wheel/tire combo is 205/65 R 16 x 6.5. I think the Evo rims should be 235/45 R17 x 8. My Enkei’s are 18x 7. I saw one guy selling his whole wheel/tire combo for an Evo for $950 used. I would suggest (this may be impractical) but save your money and buy forged wheels. After what happened to me, forged wheels look good right now.

bud

Cold_Zero

You will also want to match the wheel and tire combo of the Evo to match as closely your stock wheel and tire size (height). Which may mean replaces the tires for a lower profile tire.

bud

nlzmo400r

good point about the tire size, but i believe the EVo8 tire is already a 45, so that shouldnt be much of a problem, and 95o is about what i expected to pay(actualy i expected a lil higher), and i thought those wheels were forged, i know the Rays off of the 35o are forged, but those are so expensive, and i'd have to find 4 front wheels, and im pretty sure i want 17s (cause of $$ for the most part) but im very picky when it comes to wheels and wont get them cause its a good deal, i just have to love the wheel to get it, and right now i think those enkei's are one of the best looking wheels on the market (in my price range anyway), so how much more would a forged wheel cost, as compared to the evo8 rims (however those are made)

Altiman94
Car: Paintball, cars, outdoor sports

You can get a good aftermarket set of wheels and tires for around 950 shipped.

nlzmo400r

i know, but im very picky, and dont like many aftermarket wheels, honestly if hte EVO8 rims were the same price as some 'decent' looking aftermarkets, id just get the EVO rims

Cold_Zero

What is the fascination with the Enkeis on the EVO? I took a Subaru customer survey and under improvements, I put "bigger wheel and tire combo."

nlzmo400r

there is no 'facinatoin' i just like the way they look, and tehy happen to come on factory EVo8s, if i find a set of wheels that i think looks better i will surely pick up on them, i still want the track wheels, but the price is a lil steep

Cold_Zero

I was thinking about scoring some of the OE Alloy Altima wheels. I like the look.

Magnum

what is the center bore size of the EVO, I'm sure it's not the same as the Altima.

nlzmo400r

Magnum wrote:what is the center bore size of the EVO, I'm sure it's not the same as the Altima.
thats another thing i had t olook into, i wasnt sure on that or either car, and Bud, im assuiming you're talking about the 6 cyl wheels? i like those as well, but too many altimas have them, and personally the 2.5s alloys are ugl IMo

Return to “Altima General Discussions”