evo8 35oZ impressions

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
nlzmo400r
Car: cars

i love the new EVo8s, and i love the 35oZs, but if i had to spend the 3ok (or 35k in case of a track model) i dunno which i'd opt for, they both have their ups and downs, i think the 35oZ is much classier, and i love the low end torque, and i also love the Z heritage as well as n/a power curve, but the evo8 has AWD, looks great, out performs the 35oZ in most cases, and pretty much is cheaper, however it has 4drs :( , so what do u Z owners (or anyone for that matter) think about the evo8 and 35oZ, obviously the 35o owners bought hte 35o for a reason, did u look at the evo8 as well?

NeedCAforS13
Car: E21 320i
HJ75 Land Cruiser

never driven an evo but the Z is sick...I drive one of those every chance I get!:D sooooo torquey!

Sean

nlzmo400r

ive never driven an evo for more than 5o yards or so, i was just wondering why the 35o guys bought the 35o over an evo, or waiting for the STi or whatever else they were looking into

NissanDriven240sx
Car: My Car

350z without a doubt. Keep in mind.. the Evo is still a Mistubishi which, needless to say, aren't known for their "well built" motors or reliability. I say try the 350z track model.. who cares if it doesn't shoot down a straight line as fast.. its a much nicer car. It comes with a navigation system for christ's sake. Also keep in mind the EVO 8 runs at 19.5 psi I believe... do you know how flippin' much that is ????? No way you'll be able to modify the sucker much if that's what your after and but putting that much stress on a Mistu motor.. seems like they're asking for problems. And I agree... The Z heritage is so much better. Being the owner of a 300zx Twin Turbo I love getting thumbs up from other Z owners (past and present Z's)... makes you feel like family. I'm sure you'll make the RI-Z-GHT choice (woops, subliminal)

nlzmo400r

o, no im not buying either, i wish tho, my choice would be the Z as well, i was just curious as to what people opinions on teh two were, and yes the stock turbo max's at 19.5 psi, however they can be modded beyond belief, bigger turbo and there you go, along with injectors and such of course

vwluv10338

I miss getting waves from people. When I drove my 70 bug anyone with an OLD bug would wave. It was funny, if I stopped on the side of the road with in 2 minutes someone would pull over to help with either "I had a bug" or "my broghter friends girfriend had one." I dont get that with my nissan.

Eric

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

I rode in an Evo8 at VIRginia Int'l Raceway. I loved it. Great cars. Quick/agile/fast. I especially liked the EVO's Recaro seats more than the Z's seats. But I'm not a fan of the EVO's looks, though it is far more practical than the Z. The Evo has a real back seat and a real trunk. The Z is far prettier it's not a bad weather car and has but two seats and not much luggage room. Both are great cars, so there is no bad choice. If I didn't have other cars to haul around my family, I would have considered an EVO or STi But since I wanted a 2 seat sports car, I went with the nicer looking Z.

nlzmo400r

thanks for the reply, i was thinking along the same lines as you were

big jon's 240
Car: uh....football, cars, and um, cars!

If you look at it from a performance standpoint, the EVO is the better car stock. However i feel the Z has much more potential in the long run. Now if you look at it from a class / looks standpoint, the EVO is nowhere near the Z. I have had so many people ask me about my car and tell how awesome it is. Ive never personally heard anyone say they like the way the EVO looks. It looks like a simple grocery getter with a huge wing on it. Ive driven both and i prefer the Z hands down (i may be a little biased, because i own one), and i have a friend who has an EVO and tells me he wishes he had bought a Z. He also said hes had one teenage kid in a riced out prelude tell him his car looked cool, and he's had it for almost a month. Id get an STi before i got an EVO, its slightly less ugly.

nlzmo400r

well i do like the way the EVO8s look, however the Z is way sexier, like you said ,totally different class, and tell your friend to trade in his mitsu and get a Z!!

Mayhem_J30
Car: Ummm...My Car

Tough decision. Obviously I went with the Evo, but the Z was mighty tempting. Insurance and practicality played a big part in swaying me towards the Mitsu. But IMO the Z is a beauty! Only topped by the G35 coupe. The Z will clobber the Evo from a roll and the Evo will only take it in the 1/4 with a killer clutch frying 6000 rpm drop. The Evo isn't a drag strip machine, but the Z can be. I've ran the Evo on a road course and it was AWESOME! Handing Porsche owners their own a55. There was a guy with a silver 350Z there that day. He said it was the first time he's driven the Z on a track. He loved it, but he had nothing to compare it to and neither did I. I don't know what kind of times he was making, wish I did so I could compare.After my girl and I get settled into our new condo I think either a new Z or G35 is in the future for her. She also wants a FX45 so we'll see.

nlzmo400r

hey, she's got good taste ;), also, was the insurance really THAT much different on the evo8 from the 35oZ?, and the 35o does beat the evo from a roll, wel, the only roll ive seen anyway, but i think a evo would hand a 35o its *** on a mountain road, or some kind of autocros or track

Integrity
Car: 03 Chrome 350Z

I called the Mitsu dealer when I was shopping and told him I was interested in a Black one. He told me he didn't have one, or any Evo's in stock, but was getting a yellow one soon. I told him I'd only be interested in a black one, but when he got the yellow one in to give me a call. I haven't heard from him since. I never got the opportunity to drive one, but I did own a 95 GSX Eclipse. Not quite the same thing, but close. AWD is fun, but only for clutch destroying launching. I love the Z with the VCD off. Its a blast to drive and, in my opinion, its simply gorgeous... inside and out.

nlzmo400r

i think the Z does have much better fit and finish, some of the plastics on the inside of the Z arent the best, but they still easily top the mitsu IMO, also, INTERGRITY, welcome to NICO, i hope u find everyone here very helpful and informative, any pics of your car? how about plans for mods?

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”