everyone look, any ideas? been driving me nuts

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
cpr

Ok so couple months ago i had to get a bolt in my head helio coiled, so i took it to the machine shop and got it done and reinstalled it on my block with a new gasket, followed torque order and specs and put everything back together with no problems. Turned engine over by hand to check timing then tried to crank her over. It just turned over with no compression sound no chug no nothing. Ive taken it back apart checked my studs/gasket and timing and it all seems to be dead on. I even put engine at top dead center and took the chain off and reset it so every mark lined up just to be sure. Everything looks right but i turn over by hand and it feels really easy i dont feel the strokes and i hear no air passing the valves. My engine ran perfect before and now i cant tell what the gwuap is wrong with it and i only took the head off. Can anyone give me any ideas its my daily and its been killing me taking the pedal express.

cpr

someones gotta know something!

rc1honda
Car: 1992 240 sx
2007 BMW 335xi
2008 Honda CBR1000RR

cpr wrote:someones gotta know something!
Maybe try a leak down test. This might help you pin point the leak. The only thing i can think besides that is you put the cams in wrong or the cams gears and all of you valves are open at the same time. Other then that i don't know.

cpr

thats what i was thinken but cam gears only can go on one way, and my cams are deffinently set right ive checked by marks, check by links between marks, and checked by how many teeth show above the head

cpr

It was the little hearing aid battery looking lash caps. I put them on uniform to eachother on the intake and exhaust side but one side is actually reversed from the other. Was causing the valves to be open at wrong times and no compression, switched them back and she started right up. Hopefully this might help someone one day.

cpr

Figured it out a long time ago but just saw that i had this post haha.

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”