Evap canister and valve

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
24InfVet
Car: 1996 Infiniti I30

ok, so I am having trouble finding these items for my 1996 Infiniti I30. It's the EVAP valve and canister. I failed emissions because of an error code and when I brought it to the people I bought the car from, they said it was a discontinued part. Any suggestions?

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

What was the error code?, sometimes they have nothing to do with the parts salespeople may tell you is causing the issue.

Myself I would be looking at how to possibly rebuild the canister as all that is in it is charcoal. Depends on how many workie gadgets they have added to it.

Need to know what valve too, sometimes there is one at front of car and at rear. Maybe just the main purge one there.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/inf ... ister,5180

There's the canister and under it are the two valves, lots of different ones there, match yours. 'Vent' valve is typically the one at back of car. Purge is the one under the hood.

You're looking at vapor canister and related parts, same thing as the evap parts.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”