euro tail light+led tails

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
morg19

whats up guys and gals. love the looks of the rogue. wife and i are thinking about getting one. the rogue comes with red tail signal lights which i hate. my question is do you think that the taillights that are on the euro qashqai {thats the rogue over there} will fit our u.s. version. i would love to have those taillights with the amber turn signals,also anyone have any infor on full led tails being made for the rogue.

philipa_240sx

Welcome to the NICOClub forums morg19!

The Qashqai sold in the UK has similar red colored tail lights as the Rogue. Regardless, they are a different shape and won't fit the Rogue:

Qashqai:Image Courtesy Nissan News UK

Rogue:

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

Unfortunately, like some of us, you will have deal with these red tail light lenses.

As for LEDs bulbs, do a search here, you will find a long and comprehensive thread started by LEO2005 on converting tail lights with LEDs.

You want amber signals: Why not put amber LEDs behind the red lenses? That is what I plan to do when I will retrofit them on my own.Be sure to install powerful ones as the red lens will filter some of the output, but the result is that amber/orange light comes out of the tail light (should be a nice eye attention catcher).

Have fun and please show us your results.

firstnissan
Car: MY2008 Nissan Rogue

Was there an older version of Qashqai for sale in europe?

I remember seeing a Qashqai in Germany last year and thought it was much smaller than my Rogue

Is there a difference between the one sold in Continental Europe versus the one old sold in UK other than the steering side?

Thanks

philipa_240sx

No, the Qashqai is a new product and was released in February of 2007.

To my knowledge, there has only been one other Nissan CUV sold in Europe: The X-Trail. It's completely different than the Rogue. It was released in 2001 and was updated in 2007-8. It was also sold in Canada during 2005-06.

Nissan X-Trail - '06 model sold in Canada:

Image courtesy Nissan Canada

The '06 X-Trail sold in the UK:Image courtesy Nissan UK

The new '08-09 X-Trail sold in the UK:Image courtesy Nissan UK

philipa_240sx

Maybe you are getting mixed up with another brand?

The Ford Kuga crossover sold in Europe looks very similar:

Return to “Rogue Forum”