Estimated Value of a 65 L320

1962-1965 Datsun L320 and NL320 forums - The truck that started it all in the US. All 320-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
sanhan

I am looking into purchasing a 1965 L320 and wanted to know what some other users think it is worth. The engine runs but the clutch has some issues and it needs the brakes gone through....new shoes etc. The body has some rust and the truck is mostly complete. I can't drive it home in its current condition and it hasn't been street legal is quite some time. I looked it up on the NADA guides and it said less than 2000 but I have also been checking out others for sale and have noticed in good condition they go for from 3 to 5 thousand. Can anyone help? I posted a bunch of photos on my blog here.http://ramen4life.blogspot.com/2012/01/ ... ickup.html
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

sanhan

40 plus views and no responses...... Is everyone scared they might look stupid if they throw out a number and someone disagrees? Any amount of feedback would be appreciated! How much would new brakes and drums cost? How much is a new clutch, if I even need one (might just be the master cylinder)? What have you seen them go for in this condition? Again, here is the link, http://ramen4life.blogspot.com/2012/01/ ... ickup.html
I did a search tempest search for all of the craigslists in America and got a general idea but I would like to know from people that own and love one. Do people just need more information? HELP PLEASE!

1962 datsun
Car: 1962 1965 L320 datsun ... 1964 NL320

It dosent have the original steering wheel brake lights i think you should spend no more than 500$ i wouldnt buy it to be honest if you ask me i would atleast have it running where its reliable for brake cost on the shoes alone would cost you 190.00$ wheel cylinders for a set of 4 would be 200.00$ brake hoses about 140.00$ so about close to 600.00 thats what it cost due to shipping if you ask me about that truck it would take time and patience and also heart and money...and to find the parts that you would need is going to be very limited try to find a all original datsun my dad paid 1000.00$ for a 65 and he had bought his first 62 for 500.00$ which i have both of them my 62 has been in storage for 18 years and just got it running late last year to my understanding it takes time to tend to all the oil leaks refurbish of a radiator also the gas tank waterpump thermostat valve cover carb etc...fuel pump lighting...try to find a all original for reasonable cost and due research on parts before you get involve just being honest take care and good luck there awesome trucks and im glad you have an interest for the L320 datsun if you have any ?s feel free to call 8087827688 Willie...

Return to “Datsun 320”