$$ Estimate of Required Maintenance

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
Kenike
Car: EX AWD

So today's question is........

some of you have had your EX for awhile.

what was the cost of all this required maintenance?

I was reading my little service book and just saw tons of $$$$$ signs.

yustonuser
Car: EX35

Well, the first two years of required maint is "free" of charge (not really free, but baked into the original deal for the car. Afterwards, they are typical routine maint (oil, filer) and then the major interval maint is probably a few hundred dollars per, same as it was for my Honda, Nissan, etc. I would assume those are probably a little costlier ($00 or so) but dealer maintenance is always high

JB_G35
Car: 2008 EX -

yustonuser...What do mean "Free of Charge"? Did you purchase a service contract?I didn't see anywhere in my documentation that service was free for two years...We had free service on our BMW and Audi..but it was actually noted on the window sticker and well discussed with sales and finance folks up front. Please elaborate...Thanks

yustonuser

My dealer (and all other Infinity dealers in my area) offer two years of free service up to 24,000 miles (whatever comes first) to cover all routine maintenance (at their dealership) like oil changes, rotations, all per the manual for two years. Its the exact same type of deal Lexus, BMW and others provide. I would check with your dealer - its part of the deal.

EX55

Actually, its probably not as bad as it sounds. My "Finance Guy" showed us some figures that made my head spin. He showed us this big long list of required maintenance through 60K miles and at the bottom was the number $750. I thought $750! That's not too bad. After a while I realized it was my new monthly payment! Ouch!!! The cost was over $3500.

What stood out was the oil change requirement of every 3 months or 3750 miles. I couldn't believe that a modern car would require an oil change at less than 5,000. I found the book online by googling "2008 Infiniti Maintenance and Schedule Guide" and read it.

The Finance Guy was trying to tell me that this Premium Maintenace Schedule was required. What is actually required (the minimum requirements), is that you do oil changes and rotate your tires every 6 months or 7,500 miles. You should replace your cabin air filter every 12 months or 15,000 miles. This is all defined as Schedule 2 Maintenance in the M&S Guide.

If you pay for the Premium Maintenance or get it included in your deal, Infiniti will change your oil & rotate tires every 3 months! At every 24 months, they will change every fluid in the car, replace your wipers and evern your radiator cap. Now that's all nice and good but for most people its not required. The Schedule 2 Maintenance doesn't even require a transmission or differential fluid change at 120K or 8 Years.

At the 4 year point I will probably take my EX in for major work and just pay out of pocket. It's really your choice but IMO, 3 months for an oil change is just ridiculous.

bucca1

I agree. I just had my first oil change at the 3 month period. My mileage was under 1,000 and at this rate I will be changing my oil every 1,000 miles if I go by their 3 month maintenance schedule. Infiniti charged 60.00 for the service as I did not purchase the maintenance plan.

yustonuser

Guys - I was told that I have the choice to bring the car in at anytime I wish (mind you I live in TX so the premium plan is recommended) but why would you need to bring it in at 1,000 miles? That makes zero sense - its 3 months OR 3,750 miles.

On top of that - why are any of you paying for oil changes during the first two years? I did not pay for a service plan - it was included just like it is at Lexus, Acura, etc.

EX55

I think that if you can take your car to any Infiniti dealership, and they will change your oil for free, then you have either purchased or been given the Infiniti Premium Maintenance plan. This plan was offerred to me for about $3500. Some dealerships may perform regular maintenance for free, if you purchase a car from them.

The book does say "Every 3,750 miles or 3 months, whichever comes first" for both Premium Maintenance and Schedule 1. The Schedule 2 interval is every 7,500 miles or 6 months, whichever comes first.

bucca1

I Have a Lexus and the 1,000 mile inspection & the first oil change at 5,000 were free, all other oil changes I pay for. They run around 60.00 as well. I didn't buy the maintenance plan on either vehicle The price was very high. Not sure if it matters but both cars were purchases not leases. Maybe the maintenance is included on a lease and added into the price of the car.. As far as bringing the EX in every 1000 miles, in my case that will be 3 months down the line. I don't drive it more than 300 miles per month.

yustonuser

Ok, let me clarify. I know I did not purchase a premium support plan. It is true - I need to bring it to this specific dealer in order to get the free service for 2 years and it includes every service between now and 24,000 miles. I cannot be the only one who was given this - it was used as a discussion point on every quote I was given locally from all dealerships and also one I heard from Lexus when I was looking at the RX as well - two years of service includes. This is not a Lease, I purchased the car

rubystar88
Car: EX 35

My toyota dealer gave us a service plan for our 4Runner...Nice gift Yustonuser!

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”