Esplir Lowering Springs

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
Forte
Car: Car, Motorcycles, Tuning

For anyone out there that's interested in lowering thier G. I just installed a set of Esplir Springs with a half inch drop all around,and the ride is top notch. Good firmness without giving up your everyday driveability. $194.00 for the set

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

I can't wait to check out your car at the meet this weekend. Did you get the plenum installed yet?

dholly

Forte - Like the RS*R 350z downsprings @ 0.6" drop, it sounds like these springs offer a moderate, rather than significant, drop option for G35 coupes. I would like to compare spring rates and design of the two. Do you know if the Espilir downsprings are progressive, linear, or a combination, i.e., front/progressive and rear/linear? If you have them, please post the f/r spring rates - for progressive, initial/final would be very helpful. Thanks alot.

Forte

dholly wrote:Forte - Like the RS*R 350z downsprings @ 0.6" drop, it sounds like these springs offer a moderate, rather than significant, drop option for G35 coupes. I would like to compare spring rates and design of the two. Do you know if the Espilir downsprings are progressive, linear, or a combination, i.e., front/progressive and rear/linear? If you have them, please post the f/r spring rates - for progressive, initial/final would be very helpful. Thanks alot.

Just got back in town from the NICO meet in Lexington. I will get those for ASAP Thanks.:cool:

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

The lowering looks great Forte. Well, the whole car looks great, the lowering just keeps adding to it. I wasn't sure if you were going to be able to make it up on that dyno though, but you did and it was very close. I think a little something might have hit when pulling up there though.

Forte

rydwhite wrote:The lowering looks great Forte. Well, the whole car looks great, the lowering just keeps adding to it. I wasn't sure if you were going to be able to make it up on that dyno though, but you did and it was very close. I think a little something might have hit when pulling up there though.

Your are right I was a little nervous, but I made it through.I'm glad you were able to make the meet. Good to have people there you know.:ylsuper

Forte

dholly wrote:Forte - Like the RS*R 350z downsprings @ 0.6" drop, it sounds like these springs offer a moderate, rather than significant, drop option for G35 coupes. I would like to compare spring rates and design of the two. Do you know if the Espilir downsprings are progressive, linear, or a combination, i.e., front/progressive and rear/linear? If you have them, please post the f/r spring rates - for progressive, initial/final would be very helpful. Thanks alot.

I think they are Esplir Progressive GT ASD Springs. 30 percent stiffer than stock. The color is red. Get back to me.:cool:

dholly

There is a blue Active Super Down spring for the sedan (p/n ESA060) with a 40mm/40mm F/R drop and a red Active GT spring for the G35 coupe (p/n ESG059) with a 10mm/10mm drop.

They sure look progressive to me, particularly the ASD for sedan, but I can't find the actual spring rates for either of them! :mad: I would like to calculate their front to rear spring rate balance vs. OEM balance. Some of these aftermarket springs transfer as much as 30% more spring balance (roll stiffness) to the front than OEM. That creates a huge amount of additional understeer to contend with. Adjustable sways are a MUST have to dial it out. Curious if you have noticed increased understeer at the limit with these AGT springs?

Also, according to this site: http://www.mackinindustries.co....html, there appears to be a new ASD application for 350z on the way.

GeeThreeFive

Have you put pics of your car in members rides yet?Did you just get the set of pulleys or just the one?

Forte

GeeThreeFive wrote:Have you put pics of your car in members rides yet?Did you just get the set of pulleys or just the one?

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I've been a little busy. The answer to your question is. Most of you HP is lost in the crank pulley. I replaced just the crank. You can buy the entire set,and they also come in different colors. I think I saw that Stillen had them in the various colors. The new pulley weighs in at a whopping 2.5 Lbs. The stock pulley I believe weighs in at 12.5 pounds. Yeah do the math that's a big difference. If you decide to get the pulley's. Be sure and slo purchase the belts.Give me a call sometime,and I'd be happy to go over what mods you have and what's been working. 1-317-250-4569. Later........

Forte

dholly wrote:There is a blue Active Super Down spring for the sedan (p/n ESA060) with a 40mm/40mm F/R drop and a red Active GT spring for the G35 coupe (p/n ESG059) with a 10mm/10mm drop.

They sure look progressive to me, particularly the ASD for sedan, but I can't find the actual spring rates for either of them! :mad: I would like to calculate their front to rear spring rate balance vs. OEM balance. Some of these aftermarket springs transfer as much as 30% more spring balance (roll stiffness) to the front than OEM. That creates a huge amount of additional understeer to contend with. Adjustable sways are a MUST have to dial it out. Curious if you have noticed increased understeer at the limit with these AGT springs?

Also, according to this site: http://www.mackinindustries.co....html, there appears to be a new ASD application for 350z on the way.

I have the red ones. No understeer at all and I've been upwards of .91G on the accelometer. I can't find the rates either for them. Let me know what you find. Later....:D

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”