eschaust mods

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
ESPER

hello again. as you can tell i am new to modifying cars (let alone 240sx) so what should i look for in changing the exhaust? is a muffler good enough to start out with? or do i need new piping and catalytic converter also? i have a 95 se and want to at least start by chaging the muffler. is that ok? or should it all be done at once? also waht should i look out for?? should i get certain brands or are they all basically the same?

thanks!

GodDrivesA240sx
Car: 1995 Nissan 240sx

you could prob find it by searching on here, but I'll go ahead and tell you that if you get an exhaust you get what you pay for. Or anything for that matter. You should get a cat-back (from the back of the cat. converter all the way back to the end of your car) exhaust system that's mandrel bent and not crush/crunch bent. http://www.enjukuracing.com has the cheapest exhaust, that's where I got mine from...same car as yours.

ESPER

so what if i just change the muffler?

ESPER

Daunttless

Just changing the muffler will only change the sound, it won't do anything else for you.

ESPER

you are the king! hehe HOWEVER i read one of your previous replies! you are a traitor! heheheh

"Rotary for life" HOW COULD YOU!! heheh

but hey, fd's are cool!

Zebrahead
Car: cars, basketball, girls, fishing

Everything has it's price for a reason. Cheap stuff isn't made well, may not stand up to certain conditions, or may not last taht long. Expensive stuff is tested, designed, and made for hard driving and maximum performance.

I plan to stay N/A (Naturally Aspirated - Engine without a turbo/supercharger), so I bought a 2.5" cat-back exhaust system from HKS. I bought the Hi-Power (Or Hiper). It's a great system. So far I'm nothing but pleased. Although, it came with a hefty price. The base price was actually cheaper than enjukuracing.com at $480, but total w/ tax and install it was about $565.

So its up to you. If you buy a muffler, down the road you'll learn more and realized you need a better exhaust, so you'll have to buy a new one, making the old one you bought a waste of money.

Moral of the story: Save up and buy a good quality full exhaust system, you won't be disappointed.

Nick.

MasterMan
Car: nothing running at the moment city buses "uck here

dont buy stillen exhaust... its $hit.. my dad had one on his 200sx fell apart in under a year...

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”