Entry/Exit Function Not Working

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
jkosturik
Car: 2005 Infiniti G35

I have a 2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan. My problem is I disconnected the battery to do a repair, new valve covers. When I put it back on now the Entry/Exit Function does not work. I did the following reset procedure.

I can get the memory to work. I put the seat, steering in my position and use the Set and Button 1 to memorize. Then I move seat, steering to a different position. Then when I push the button 1 it goes back to the memory.

But when I shut off the car and open the door the seat and steering wheel will not open up to exiting position they just sit there.

Reset Procedue:
"Initializing entry/exit function
The entry/exit function can be activated
or cancelled by pushing and holding the
SET switch for more than 10 seconds
while the ignition switch is in the LOCK
position. The indicator light will blink
once when the function is cancelled, and
the indicator light will blink twice when
the function is activated. If the battery
cable is disconnected, or if the fuse
opens, the entry/exit function will be cancelled.
In such a case, after connecting
the battery or replacing with a new fuse,
open and close the driver's door more
than two times while the ignition switch
is in the LOCK position. The entry/exit
function will be activated."

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Sounds like entry exit function is not activated, but your seat memory is. Have you looked to the users manual for the appropriate instruction? Have you checked your fuses?

Welcome to NICO Club!

jkosturik
Car: 2005 Infiniti G35

I had already checked the fuses and all fine. And as I said in my post I followed the procedure in the manual to activate it.
centralcoaster33 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:46 pm
Sounds like entry exit function is not activated, but your seat memory is. Have you looked to the users manual for the appropriate instruction? Have you checked your fuses?

Welcome to NICO Club!

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

unfortunately the only time I've seen this reported it was due to a sensor being bad in the steering column, something I would not expect from simply disconnecting and reconnecting a battery.

On the G37+ you can set this in the convenience setting screen, on the '05 I have no clue if that's possible on top of the "set" switch as I've never owned a '05 or later.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”