Entertainment system wiring

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
JLKrupka

Does anyone know if the '04 Murano's come prewired for an overhead video display. I have been looking at various headrest monitors but i would install an overhead system if the wiring exists.

thanksjohn

IvoryJ30t
Car: 95 Maxima GLE, 95 Maxima GXE

if it didnt come as a factory option, the wiring will not be preexisting.

JLKrupka

There is an optional entertainment system that is available. To get it, you had to get the leather package and another and my wife(who is the primary driver) does not care for leather.Since there is an option, will the wiring be there?

NISTECH

most likely the over head harness wont be there due to a possible rattle from it. but the main harness that feeds that sub harness will most likely be there.

JLKrupka

any idea where that feed might end??

NISTECH

I would have to pull it up on the esm since I havent actually seen the overhead system in a murano yet. I have only seen and dealt with it in the pathfinder and quest. give me a day or so to try to locate the info for ya.

NISTECH

Ok I went through the service manual forwards and backwards there is no mention of a dvd sytem in a murano. so that leads me to believe that it is not a factory option. Meaning the dealer must but subcontracting the work to someone locally and haveing it added. Which would have a serious effect on warrenty coverage not only on that system but anything they tie into that is part of the car that nissan installed during assembly of the car. Be carful when buying this vehicle and if they claim it is a factory system it would be listed on the large factory monroni not that add on strip attached to the side of the larger one. that one is added by the dealer.

MikeNColo
Car: Love to ride Steam Trains

Don't know if this helps, but on the Nissan website, for 2004 it shows the DVD Entertainment center LCD display as coming up from the center arm rest between the front seats.

JLKrupka

Interesting, thanks. I also found something earlier this week that indicated that the prewiring only exists if the Bose system is installed, which we did not get. The dealer was going to install an overhead unit. Since posting I found some units that attach to the posts of the headrests. I was not fond of building them into the headrest, besides the headrest's seem a little on the small side to mount a monitor into.

I just got the components today (2 PowerAcoustik 7.2" monitors, a PowerAcoustik DVD player and an FM modulator. The monitors have built in headphone jacks but since my 14 month old barely leaves a hat on, I think we will be listening to whatever he is watching for a little while. Guess we will see how the quality is this weekend.

murano1

Does anyone have any idea were the dvd unit is mounted on the 04 Murano. I know that the LCD screen is mounted between the front seat on the center console.Previous posts were asking about the entertainment system pre-wire...I must have read about ten descriptions that said that the Bose equiped Muranos were pre-wired for Sat and the entertainment system. I've found the Sat pre-wire (little white connector taped to the Bose amp under the rear seats) but have no idea were the enterainment system wire would be.Any ideas?

Return to “Murano Forum”