Engline oil 4.7L or 4.3L ??!?

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
Smartidiot

Hello Guys..

another newbie question here....

A friend of mine told me that its better to go with the synthetic Engin oil than the semi-synthentic oil. So I went to Canadian Tire today and they told me that all the standard bottle comes in 4.4L but then it seems like my 04 G35Coupe 5AT needs 4.7 L

so does it mean that I need to buy some small bottles to fill it up to 4.7 L or one bottle of 4.4L will do just fine???

also.. can anydboy tell me whats the best brand? Is it Castrol or Mobil?!??!?

thanks in advance.....

smockers83
Car: 2006 G35 Coupe

Get a small bottle as well. Oil isn't something you want to short yourself on (nor have to much in). That 2/5 of a liter doesn't sound like much, but it could mean no oil going through for a few seconds while you enter a turn just right or something. I'm not from Canada (some people who don't know their US geography think I am) but in the US they sell 4 quart bottles = 3.7 L, but if you have 4.3 L available, still get the extra small bottle...just don't want you putting 3.7 L in thinking you have 4.3 and only adding the .4

As for the best out of those two, a lot of people here like the Mobil 1 oils but either one will be good. The best available to you, IMO, is Royal Purple. This stuff has been proven to be one of the best lubricants out there, increasing HP and MPGs, or km/L in your case.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”