engine stand adapter

General discussion forum about all things Datsun! NOTE: If your thread is specific to a certain model, please make sure you post it in the proper forum.
mklotz70

A100addict and I took a throw away 4spd and cut 2-3" off the end of the bellhousing. We milled it down even with the mounting flanges. The purpose was to hold the starter while the engine is on the stand.....so that compression tests and pre-lube can be done. Anyway.....

IMH

I just bolt the starter to the mounting plate.  It's always worked for me.  Won't work with automatic transes but I don't do automatic transes:)

mklotz70

Do you do that with the L series?  The trans plate on the E1's is thick enough, but the L series is barely an 1/8".  We were mainly trying to find a use for the stock 4spd :)

IMH

[user=5]mklotz70[/user] wrote: [quote]Do you do that with the L series?  The trans plate on the E1's is thick enough, but the L series is barely an 1/8".  We were mainly trying to find a use for the stock 4spd :)
[/quote]
I have done it wth the L series.  I'll admit, your way is better because I had to support the starter to keep it from tweaking the plate.

Return to “Datsun Chat”