engine splash cover bolt size

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
patqx4
Car: 2002 QX4

I'm sorry if this has been answered, but I've searched on here, Google, fsm, owners manual etc, and haven't found this info.

As I'm sure others have experienced, most of the bolts that hold on my engine splash shield have broken off and I need the bolt size so I can source some new ones.

Thanks, Pat

Towncivilian
Car: 2001.5 Pathfinder SE 3.5L 2WD A/T
2007 Altima 2.5L CVT
2012 Sentra 2.0L CVT Special
2012 G37 Sedan 7A/T

I'd also be interested in knowing, since the rearmost stud for the engine cover broke on me.

miamiheat3332
Car: 2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE - 2006 BMW X5 4.8is - 2001 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport

Right now theres about 4 i think holding mine on, i still have to tap 2 or 3 broken ones out, but everytime i take it off i put a nice slab of grease in there on the 4 i have left and they are holdin up fine. Take a good one from the shield and go to lowes or home depot and try to match it in the hardware section, i did'nt think they would have any, but i needed a hood bolt for my other car and it was metric and i found one that worked.

Innovazn
Car: Yellow 1998 Nissan R34 Skyline RB25DET 5 MT - Current

White 2012 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5SR 6MT - Salvage (T-Boned at left turn)

White 2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE - SOLD (blew the engine)

miamiheat3332 wrote:Right now theres about 4 i think holding mine on, i still have to tap 2 or 3 broken ones out, but everytime i take it off i put a nice slab of grease in there on the 4 i have left and they are holdin up fine. Take a good one from the shield and go to lowes or home depot and try to match it in the hardware section, i did'nt think they would have any, but i needed a hood bolt for my other car and it was metric and i found one that worked.
The last time i tried that they told me the bolt threading is different. Better off at a local auto parts store like Lordco, Pep boys and Crappy tire.

Chuck Tribolet
Car: '01 Nissan Pathfinder, '87 Corvette, '01 Camry daily driver, '98 Boston Whaler Montauk

Just take one into your local Ace Hardware. I get the impression you live where they salt the roads. If so, Ace will have
metric stainless steel bolts, and that's worth the investment. There are a total of ten.

The right stuff to protect the bolts is Anti-Seize Compound. I like the Permatex stuff. It's really messy though.

patqx4

Thanks for the tips, I live in eastern Canada and I've never heard of ace hardware, but I know some spots that sell odd hardware like this. I just didn't think anyone could match a piece just by looking at it.

Chuck Tribolet
Car: '01 Nissan Pathfinder, '87 Corvette, '01 Camry daily driver, '98 Boston Whaler Montauk

There are standard threads. No problem to match. If you don't have Ace, try Lowe's, which has metric stainless as well, but
not as much as Ace. Home Depot doesn't have much stainless at all. Or try a boating store such as West Marine. They might
have more metric on your side of the border than here.

patqx4

Thanks again Chuck, I went to a specialty fastener shop and they matched it no problem. For anyone whos wondering the size is 9.8 Metric.

rscouture1

Hi, i know this is years old but when i googled searched i couldn't get a reliable answer so i solved it myself instead of paying the local dealer $3 per screw i perfectly matched the screw at my local auto parts store and the item is Dorman M6-1.0 x 25mm(Part No. 980-225) $3 for 4 bolts.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”