Engine revving too high in low speed acceleration

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
Car: 2012 G37S Sedan; 2013 JX35

I'm sporadically experiencing this problem with my 2012 G37 sedan, 7AT, where I apply gas, the engine revs but the car does not accelerate - like the transmission is slipping. No sounds aside from the engine. It happens only when the car is already moving at relatively low speeds and under gentle acceleration. I've only ever noticed it happen when I'm going up or down a slope, like the ramps in a parking garage.

Typically, I'd think low transmission fluid but I've no reason to think that's the case as there's no indication of a leak or damage. Wanted to get some other opinions.

Squanto
Car: '07 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT

Assuming you haven't already found the answer to this (since it's been a couple weeks now) I'd say there's a chance it could be something like the torque converter. I had an automatic Acura CL that gave me a p0740 code which has to do with the torque converter. It then started revving real high without actually accelerating.

Not completely sure, but it's my guess!

Car: 2012 G37S Sedan; 2013 JX35

Thanks, I did check for codes and there are none. I will probably keep driving it with fingers crossed for the time being! I feel like sending the dealer to figure it out will just be a costly wild goose chase.

rics8
Car: 2009 Infiniti M35x

Clean from the gas the to the trottle. Royal purple and seafood for about a week and a half helped me and a Trans oil change

rics8

Clean from the gas the to the trottle. Royal purple and seafoam for about a week and a half helped me and a Trans oil change

rics8

Clean from the gas the to the trottle. Royal purple and seafoam for about a week and a half helped me and a Trans oil change

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”