Engine rev down at low speed (35 mph)

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
combo_m

I have my convertible for 3 weeks now and what a joy ride. Here are a few things that I noticed:1. When I start coasting to a stop the engine always rev up automatically at around 30 mph (like shifting down rpm goes up to ~1.5 to 2). Can someone explain why the car is doing that?2. The belt loop on the passenger seat rattles and drives me nut. Any suggestions how to remedy this without putting the seat belt in the loop.

Thanks,
Modified by combo_m at 12:43 PM 11/23/2009

bschurr
Car: 2009 G37S 6MT Conv

combo_m wrote:I have my convertible for 3 weeks now and what a joy ride. Here are a few things that I noticed:1. When I start coasting to a stop the engine always rev up automatically at around 35 mph (like shifting down rpm goes up to ~1.5 to 2). Can someone explain why the car is doing that?2. The belt loop on the passenger seat rattles and drives me nut. Any suggestions how to remedy this without putting the seat belt in the loop.

Thanks,
Sorry, no experience with issue #1 - I have a manual trans and have not noticed what you describe.As for #2, I F'ing HATE the stupid little snaps on the loop that holds the seat belt. I dont use these loops so I simply put a small piece of paper in between the 2 snap pieces and then snapped it closed and trimmed any extra paper so you cant notice. The added tension in the snap has eliminated any rattles.Good luck -B

combo_m

Here is another bullet:3. With the top down at the drive thru, turned the radio down to order and proceeded to the checkout window, made a left turn and noticed a squealing sound while turning hmmmmm. Made a right turn at slow speed didn't hear anything.

Only have 1200miles, going to wait until I get my first oil change before I take it in.

Also changed the rev down speed to 30mph instead of 35mph.

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”