Engine replacement at 13,000 km

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
lostsheep
Car: 2010 Versa

I have owned my 2010 Versa SL 1.8 since April 2010. The oil has been changed twice at the dealership here in Victoria, BC. My wife and I went on a trip to California and Nevada in mid July. Since returning the engine began to make some odd sounds. I relate the sound to (and I know I am showing my age) noisy tappets or valves. This sound is present most of the time, engine hot or cold, short drive or long one. I took it into the dealership expecting them to say that the they could not duplicate the sound or something similar. Instead they informed me that they were going to need to replace the engine! The sound they said was coming from both the top and bottom end of the engine, they are not exactly sure what the issue is but tech support says to replace the engine. It is all covered by warranty, but I certainly did not expect to replace the motor before I had owned the car six months. I am not a hard driver, most of my driving is in town.
The dealership has the engine on order, it should be here in about a week. I will let you know how the install goes. I really like the car but my faith has certainly been shaken as to whether i made the right choice buying a Nissan.

iluvmyVersa08
Car: 2008 SL Sport

You could be one of the first who has had to replace the engine with that low of kms ! But hey, at least its covered under warranty!

There are tons of Versa's out there with well over 100K (some over 200K) with minimal issues. Any car is bound to have a default ... but at least yours happened under warranty !

Welcome to the forums !

08versailles
Car: 08 Versa SL 6sp
09 Altima 2.5S cvt REAR ENDED and WRITTEN OFF
13 Charger SXT 8sp auto

Factory defects USUALLY indicate relatively early.
Poor maintenance will indicate later, USUALLY.
This USUALLY makes extended powertrain coverage superfluous, if you just change the oil when Nissan says so. :biggrin:
Let us know how that re-install goes!

Lil Red Versa Note
Car: 2014 Versa Note SL & 2013 Rogue Special Edition

Sorry to reactivate an old post but am wondering if anyone is having "current" problems with their Versa Note that is requiring an engine replacement ??
Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”