Engine Problems

General discussion area for the L30-chassis Altima
bmxking192
Car: 2001 nissan altima

Hello everyone I have quite a problem on my hands and was wondering if anyone has any information, anything would be appreciated.
After driving on the highway one day i lost complete engine power and had to push the car home. Thinking i blew a head gasket but that doesnt seem to be the case, my 2001 altima has 195k on the motor so its prettty old, i checked compression in all cylinders and i have equal compression in all four cylinders, also my code reader under pending was reading a P0325 Knock sensor malfunction and a cylinder misfire #1, under active codes i had a catalyst effeciency below threshold, (i belive that code is for my shot O2 sensors) So ive checcked compression, spark and fuel delivery, all three of which i have, my injectors aer good, fuel pumps, filter all good, i have healthy spark just as it has always looked. My only thought could be my timing is thrown off, not sure why, anyone with any information would be greaty appreciated. Also when i crank the engine over it turns over fine for about 5 to 10 cranks, then hesitates for a moment then continues turning over just as it should, i belive this is just my starter hesitating but i just wanted to throw that in there, theres no abnormal noise whatsoever no broken valves or anyhting, timing chain looks normal too, maybe it skipped a link? i really dont know.
Thanks guys

wade001
Car: 2009 Altima coupe 2.5s mt

someone had a problem simular to this that i helped on. i doubt ur timing chain skipped as your cranking would consistantly be slow. check your distributer timing if you have one and make sure it matches the timing belt/chain(whichever it is). do this by bringing cyl#1 to top dead ctr. take off the distributer cap and bring the distributer arm to cyl#1 node where the wire is plugged in. see if that is it. ill attach the other thread that is simular

wade001
Car: 2009 Altima coupe 2.5s mt

Return to “2nd Generation Altima Sedan (1998-2001)”