Engine hesitation/check engine light

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
Chrisv673
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35 sedan (journey)

I have a 2008 Infiniti g35 sedan (journey model), a few days ago the check engine light turned on and i took it to autozone to be read on the obdII reader and it says i need to change the purge canister solenoid. I did that, light was off, a few days later i filled by tank up with possible some bad gas and my car started to hesitate/ flutter drive rough and light started blinking while driving, took it back to get checked and turns out i now have a misfire in cylinder 1 now; and supposedly the ignition coil . I instead Changed spark plugs, cleaned mass air flow sensors, clean throttle body. Hesitation seems to get better slightly but still rides rough and engine still sounds like it has a misfire. Thinking about replacing the coil but wanted to know if anyone has had this issue and any other steps that might help.

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

I would ensure that Autozone or whoever pulls ALL codes in the system to ensure you have the whole story. If there are multiple codes, you may need all of them to help troubleshoot. Beyond that I haven't dug that far down into the VQ. My instincts would be to double check the coilpack on cylinder 1 but I would also prefer a compression test for peace of mind.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”