ENGINE Help ! Any response can help .

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
RossG35
Car: 04 G35 vq35de

Whats Going On Guys I Need Serious Help. My G broke down on me on the way home (04 G35 Performance Package) About two days ago, I realized that she has been making a slight rattle or wining type noise when i start on cold start. I thought it could be the timing tensioner or maybe an exhaust leak. Well today i drove home from work and the noise would be louder as i accelerated on the highway. As I was pulling over to check the noise out, she cut off and i couldnt start her again. Once i was stopped on the side of the ramp on the exit, a bunch of smoke was coming from the driver side of the engine bay coming from below the mass air flow intake. I thought maybe starter burned out? Can anyone help me out? The only work ive done to it was replace the valve cover gaskets and spark plugs . I bought at 114,900 and shes at 116,600 right now. Please help ASAP ! Any Response would help. God Bless you All. I have a video of the noise and I will try to attach it.

zachggus
Car: 03 g35 sedan.

Sound like you might have run out of oil. Hopefully you didn’t lock up motor. I would put a socket on the crank and see if you can move it.

RossG35
Car: 04 G35 vq35de

Car had plenty oil . Check the dip stick and it was full. The engine is locked . I am a mechanic and i did that the next day and found out it was locked . So now im in the market for a new engine 🤷🏾‍♂️

zachggus
Car: 03 g35 sedan.

SOrry to hear that. I just rebuilt my block for a blown head gasket.

JettaRed
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x 2004 Audi TT 225Q 2004 Mercedes SL500

So, what was it. Did the timing chain break?

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”