Engine Convesion Price Average

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
Blazin Hondas
Car: Working on stuff

Hey Im new to the Fourm

I got my 240 3 months ago. A soy sauce burning friend told me an RB25det would fit in the 240 with no problems. Is this true? If so how much roughly would it cost. He also told me a twin turbo conversion on the RB would be a great way to get extreme performance. I know better than to think that stock equip will handle this setup. What would you guys recomend. I heard talk about sr20s. But I want at least 250 hp. The car is Great. I love the handling. I also love it that I am faster 1/8 mile than a Mustang V6. Maybe it just my car, or the mustang driver sucked. Either way... I won. HEHEHEHE! Thanks for any help.

Daunttless

1) The RB25 is single turbo, theres no sense in converting it to twin turbo.

2) It will fit, there is some modification required, but not a whole lot, I offer the swap for 7500 w/ intake,exhaust,downpipe, fuel pump, engine, and installation, I think that Grumpy ( McKinney Motorsports ) offers it for the same, I'm not sure though, you'd have to ask him. : ) Its more elsewhere.

3) It would be a cheaper alternative to get 250hp with a SR20.

Enjoy your day!

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

If you only want 250 just slap a turbo on your KA. Swapping engines should only be considered if your looking for 500 plus HP. Personally the only thing I could see better about the RB25 then the KADET is a better rpm range and torque curve. But I don't see anything better about the SR.

IMHO...RB25DET or KADET.

By the way, you'll want to stay single turbo. Twins are more expensive for no gains. There are enough trims to chose from in the single type. You won't be lacking in power.

WD

Blazin Hondas
Car: Working on stuff

Thanks for the Replys guys. I would like to know the price on an SR-20. If you could post this I would appriciate it a lot. Is an SR-20 going to give me a good torque, like the RB? All the help is great. Thanks A Lot !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daunttless

No, the SR20 will not give you torque like the RB. If you want torque, you may wish to look into purchasing a Mustang or F-Body. For SR20 questions you may wish to go read the forum devoted to SR20s. Enjoy your day.

singlecamhonduhkilla
Car: learning all i can about this car.. some street racing.. etc..

WHO R U NIGHT? AND WHAT COMPANY R U FROM? WEBSITE?JOE

jap drifter

http://240skyline.nissanpower.com/

it is right there on his "www" icon

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”