Engine block heater

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
jckc
Car: 2004 Altima S, 2008 Rogue SL AWD

Engine block heater is listed as a standard features in the brochure. However, does it actually come with the Rogue and ready to use? Or, you still need to purchase accessory from Nissan to be able to plug it in. It has been freezing up here lately. I thought I would give it a try but I am not able to find the plug. Any help?

Superdave54
Car: 2008 Rogue

My brochure does not even show the block heater as an option, but my manual does list it as a "if so equipped" item. It goes on to say that it is available from a Nissan Dealer.

My guess is that you do not have one, and need to have the dealer install one. It does say the the cord is wrapped up under the hood if you have one.

Just out of curiousity, are you in Canada or Alaska? Maybe there is a cold weather package offered in those locations.

Derango
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD w/ Premium Package

The Canadian Rogue has different standard features. You'll need somebody who actually has a rogue purchased in canada to answer you.

RedRogue
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premium

I would expect most vehicles sold in Canada come with the block heater installed. It took a while for me to find mine too. When you open the hood, look to the left of the radiator. The cord should be tie wrapped in a bundle there. The cord has a black plastic covering around it.

jckc
Car: 2004 Altima S, 2008 Rogue SL AWD

Thanks RedRogue. Mine is Red too. Yes, I am in Burlington Ontario. From the brochure for Rogue in Canada, engine block heater is a standard featues for all level of trims. Will try to fish it out at day time. Thanks

jmccormick02
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD

Anybody know if it's possible to get one of these installed aftermarket?

EDIT: My dealer told me they're impossible to find in the U.S. as a part or pre-equipped in a vehicle, (for all Nissans, not just Rogue) didn't seem to know if they can be installed after assembly.
Modified by jmccormick02 at 5:31 PM 2/14/2008

flybooey

I've installed several block heaters, and a couple on early 90's nissans. They are readily available in canada at any NAPA or "the greatest store ever...Canadian Tire" . I would assume the rogue engine has frost plugs like any other gas engine but i suppose it could be an inline version too.

Most all canadian cars come equipped with block heaters....you just need to open the hood and start looking around for the cord bound up and the GFI plug hanging off the end.
Modified by flybooey at 6:40 PM 2/18/2008

lozen13

I brought a US model back and when I had the daytime running lights installed I asked them to install a block heater also.

$500 later I have one What a ripoff

flybooey

500 for the DRL's and block heater???? or just the heater

lozen13

Just the Block Heater. Wish i would asked how much before

flybooey

I did a little searching and found that the style used (i think) is the inline type. Just a cut into the coolant line and place it inline. A frost plug can be a bugger depending on which plug has to be utilized. But 500 bills?I think the block type works better, sometimes the inline ones are not able to transfer the hot coolant beyond the thermostat i think.

http://nissan.ca/en/vehicles/g....htmlScroll down a bit. Does it happen to look like this

Otherwise it probably goes in your block and looks like this.http://images.google.com/imgre...YA:en

philipa_240sx

The block heater should be similar to my '03 Altima 2.5S. It threads into the block just to the left of the exhaust manifold. I can't see why the Rogue with a similar motor would be any different.

flybooey

Called a dealer in St. Catherines and they said 85 bucks for the block type heater. Apparently it's in behind the exhaust manifold. Yay....... I got the part number from a canadian deal and tried it down here, it works in their system but.......only one was found in the entire USA. Located in wyoming at a price of over 200 bucks.I called the dealer back in Nova Scotia and he said it was 45.97$
Modified by flybooey at 3:56 PM 2/23/2008

Return to “Rogue Forum”