Engine and transmission still rocks

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
jamesm
Car: 2012 Nissan Versa

2012 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8S w/104,000 miles

I had replaced all 4 motor mounts and the engine still rocks back and forth when shifting from Park, down to Drive and shifting from Drive, up to Park. Also, when the car is in drive with the e-brake on, the engine still tilts up. I've been doing research and most of the replies said to change the mounts or do all the mounts. Even when all mounts were changed, again, it still rocks. Is there other parts that could be causing this? The mounts that I put on are not OEM, but I believe even if I got OEM mounts, it would not make any difference because there's been people out there that had done it and said it still rocks. I'm thinking there might be other cause but can't figure it out.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

It is SUPPOSED to rock some and PERFECTLY NORMAL. At least if using any rubber or poly mount. The poly will flex less but still does a small amount. An engine mounted 100% solid will break engine mount bosses! Not to mention shake your face off at idle. A half inch normal and up to one inch. They are intended to wind up in gear, it being torque reaction to the crank and trans movement, note that the direction reverses when you go into reverse.

You won't find a brand new car that doesn't do it either.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”