Engine Accelerator Question

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
Duckmeister
Car: 2004 Sentra 1.8S

This is hard for me to explain but I'll try it.

You know when people work on cars they test it by pushing the throttle pulley that revs up the car. It is around the Throttle body. And you just pull it or push it and it revs the engine up.

Where is this on the QG18DE?

Thanks

NISTECH

doesnt have it your car is throttle by wire,meaning it is controled by a sensor at your pedal sends a signal to the ecm which in turn sends a signal to the motor on the throttle body(black case where the throttle linkage used to be) that opens and closes as much as the ecm requests. If you have cruise control try looking for those components bet you dont find them. there are no components to the cruise system anymore except the buttons on your steering wheel the ecm uses that motor to control the cruise. Try looking for the IACV [idle air control valve] Again ecm controls that for cold starts and idle up for loads such as the a/c or rear defroster. That whole system has become much more simplified.

NISTECH

Meaning alot less parts to break

Duckmeister
Car: 2004 Sentra 1.8S

oh cool so your saying everything that has to do with cruise and stuff related to cold starts and revs is electronically controlled through the ECM :D

Thanks I'll read more about my engine and how it works.

NISTECH

yes through one part,the throttle motor.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”